Saturday, May 24, 2008

White Coat Ceromony and 5 months!

Yesterday May 23, was first of all Barricks 5 month mark which means he is growing way to fast! But also it was Scottys white coat ceremony for medical school. The program was very good their were a couple of speakers who talked about the importance of the white coat and symbolism it holds. It was a very neat program they also swore in the Hippocratic Oath which is always a neat thing to see and hear. After the ceremony they had refreshments so everyone could socialize and of course that was Scottys favorite part so he could show off Barrick to all of his classmates. Barrick was a hit!

This was after the ceremony, I couldn't hear a thing Barrick was talking and laughing the entire time. He was definite entertainment to everyone around.

I just loved this picture, Barrick loves his Daddy.

Another cute one of my boys.

Scotty putting on his white coat.

Everyone with their white coats on.

Saying the Hippocratic oath.

12 comments:

karin said...

What fun and I love seeing how proud Scotty is of Barrick.

Eric and Jenny said...

Wow, congratulations that must have been a proud moment for you. I like that picture of everyone in there coats what a neat thing to watch. Barrick is so cute, I am sure he was a huge hit, I love his little outfit. So cute!

Tiff and Chris said...

How awesome! Congrats...to the both of you (I know it takes a lot of sacrifice and dedication).

Melissa said...

Congrats Scotty! "Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream..." (It's from the movie Juno- I hope you have seen it, if not you won't get it!) Cool that you have a special white coat- you are almost 1/3 the way there (I think) Hey Aleese when you are in Utah you should come to Vegas for a weekend with Brianne...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Scotty & Aleese! What exactly does the white coat mean? Whatever it is I'm sure it's great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Little Barrick is so cute! I love looking at all of your pictures. They do grow way too fast. Drake will already be a year old in 5 weeks, I never thought it would come this fast.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, that is great, what a neat experience for you guys. That is such a cute family picture of you all. You look so pretty!! Sounds like a great day, no surprise that Barrick was such a hit, he is just so dang cute.

shauni said...

Congrats! You look great in your white coat. Can you believe the first year is almost over? It goes by so fast (thankfully!) Barrick looks so cute, I love his little outfit.

Unknown said...

I was just looking at the bbq pictures thinking how Scott E. still looks like my little cousin, just a kid, and then I see these pictures and WOW. Talk about grown up - and all doctory!

Bentleys said...

Congrats Scotty!!! That is something to be really proud of! You guys look so cute!!!

Jen said...

That is so great. Scott looks like the proudest daddy!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Congratulations to Scott! I bet you are so proud and I bet it's just a glimpse of what it will be like when he graduates!