Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rolling and rolling!

Barrick has been rolling from his back to his tummy ever since the end of April and he does it all day long! This is great, but the problem is he hates being on his tummy! He has hated tummy time ever since he was little he screams after about two minutes. So I have always had to make him cry during tummy time. He has only rolled from his tummy to his back twice so I am having to roll him over all day long. To my surprise when I went to check on him this morning, this is how I found him. I was shocked!

I love his little bum poking up in the air.
I love this little guy!

18 comments:

Erin said...

That is so funny, Shiloh was the opposite. He hated his back and to this day has never slept on it, not once. Of course I was a nervous wreck for the first few months, with that "back to sleep, tummy to play" phrase ringing in my ears every night and every nap. I would wake up multiple times at night (in addition to when he would wake me up to eat) just so lean over in the dark until I could see his back rise and fall. We tried and tried and he never would stand for it. Always on the tummy.

Barrick is such a cute little guy, the happiest baby ever. And you look great, even after you've been jogging. :)

karin said...

Lovin' the bum shots.

Unknown said...

H has become a bum-in-the-air sleeper. I think it's adorable. I rememeber my sister Karin sleeping like that, even!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aleese I can't beleive he is already doing all this. He is growing so fast! I love his little bum pocking up, Khloe does the same thing when she sleeps. So cute!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Such cute pictures, Luke sleeps the same way on his knees. I am sorry he was sick, there is nothing worse, you feel so helpless. That is pretty good though that he has gone this long without catching anything. I hope he gets feeling better.

Brea Marie said...

Aleese, Just wanted to let you know how funny this is. I actually posted a sleeping postion post just today! DaKoda has also started to sleep on her tummy. Great minds must think alike. Barrick is such a cutie!

The Shaws said...

Adorable!!!!! We have to go to lunch when you come to Utah I need to see that little guy in person!

Thiago & Teri said...

So cute..funny the ways they end up sleeping. Carson is always all over the place...he starts one way and ends up flipped around on the bottom of the bed. He's crazy. So sad that little Barrick was sick, he still looks so cute in those pics even though he wasn't feeling well.

Rob and Bri said...

Aww, how cute. I remember Anisten did that same thing. I was so surprised to find her sleeping on her tummy one morning, but she definitely preferred it. Even now, she sleeps with her bum in the air (apparently she's not the only one. Phew!) I'm sorry he was sick. That is so hard to watch your baby hurt and you feel so helpless.

Tiff and Chris said...

Love the bum in the air, so cute. I love the quilt you have there too :)

shauni said...

He is so cute! Ican't wait to see him this Summer.

Heather said...

He's soooo cute! I'm such a paranoid mom...The first time I see my boys laying on their tummys while sleeping, I get so freaked out and think I have to start checking on them every 15 seconds when they're alseep! :)

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

Brooklyn also hated tummy time! It kinda became a nightmare! It's funny how they just all the sudden do things that blow us away! I don't think that ever stops! That was so sad that he got sick. I always have to tell myself, "Well, it builds immunity!"

Diana said...

Wow you get so many comments so fast! I feel like I check your blog all the time and you must have just posted this. Anyway, Barrick just melts my heart. What a little sweetie. Don't you love how peaceful they look when they're sleeping? I'm sorry he got sick so young, it's not fun at all to have them sick early on. Lucy hasn't really gotten sick yet, just allergies, but Bella has had a cold on and off from the time she was born. Poor kid, she just can't get a break.

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

What a cute little bum! ( I love the crib too). I'm sorry he got sick, but I'm glad it didn't last too long. I don't know how well I will handle my first getting sick for the first time. I'll probably be a basket case!

The Grant Fam said...

I love sleeping babies. I miss my babies being that age. Now they fight and bite each other. But they do have there moments. Barrick is just such a handsome guy!!! Enjoy it while they still will snuggle with ya.

The Obergs said...

Aleese, thanks for leaving that nice comment on my blog. I read your blog too and think Barrick is so cute and such a happy little guy. He's got the most unique eyes I've ever seen. I can't believe how old he looks in those pictures your friend took. It seems like you just barely had him and he's already rolling over! Anyways, thanks for stopping by my blog, it was good to hear from you.

lulu said...

Ahhh! I bet that position is good for the bubbles in his belly! I wish Louis would do that more often.
How did you survive the first sickness? Do you still have your hair? It just breaks my heart to see them so miserable.
Maybe you don't scrapbook, but you do an awesome job catching each step. Do you have your camera in your pocket?