Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day!!

Yesterday was a very fun holiday! There is nothing better then no school a beautiful day and a BBQ. We had such a fun day Scotty only had to study for half the day which is the best! The day was a success! We planned a BBQ with a bunch of our friends and went swimming. It was Barricks first time swimming which made it even better!
This is Barrick with his new swimsuit. I looked for months trying to find a swimsuit smaller then 12 months and finally I found one an hour before we went swimming. Also it was the only one so I was glad I looked hard enough to find it.

This was most of the swimming crew. Us the Swensons and the Kelseys. Notice Scotty has stuff to study he always works so hard!
This was Barricks first time swimming. The water was freezing! He loves bath time but I think he expected the water to be warm and he was pretty sad to feel how cold it was.

This was after we took him out of the pool. He was very happy to be wrapped up and given his favorite toy.

Barrick and Daddy.
One with Mommy.
One with the whole family.

That night at the BBQ this was the only picture I got. We were pretty busy taking care of kids and getting food ready so this is it. Thanks everyone for a fun day!

18 comments:

Sam and Fam said...

If he has Scott Stewart genes he'll learn to LOVE the water and everything about it! You guys are sooo fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Seesy, you totally dominate the blogger world of our family. Check out my blog for something fun!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

So cute...I love the top one with his shades on!

utahmama2 said...

You guys are such a cute family. What is your husband wanting to do medical wise does he know yet? my brother is in med school at the U and is looking somewhere to do his residency.

Eric and Jenny said...

That looks like a great day! Barrick is looking very cute in his swimsuit and sunglasses. I agree there is nothing better than a BBQ with friends. Is the poor guy still in school, when do they get a break in medical school?

Brea Marie said...

Where did you get Barrick's glasses? They are way too cute! Looks like you had lots of fun.

Nick and Stacey said...

What a fun day! Barrick looks so cute in his swim attire! I don't know why it is so hard to find baby swimsuits! It seem like with Mitchell I had a hard time finding on also! I am glad scott got a day off to go play! I love those days!

karin said...

I could have sent you one of our many baby suits and I feel the same way about cold water. His shades are too cute.

Tiff and Chris said...

Cute little swim trunks! I really love the little sunglasses too.

shauni said...

I LOVE the sunglasses, and his sad little face when he was in the cold water. We miss you guys.

Thiago & Teri said...

Looks like you had a great day. Your weather must have been nice if you got to go swimming, ours was horrible, rained all day. Oh well!! Barrick looks super cute in his swimsuit, funny that he didn't like it. Carson didn't either his first couple of tries, he just cried and cried.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone had a good memorial day. Ours was awful! it rained hard all day long. I love barricks sunglasses! Aleese i did have a swimsuit for Barrick that i pulled out for you. I just forgot to give it to you when you were out here last time (sorry!) Glad you guys had a good weekend.

Rob and Bri said...

How fun. I'm excited to go swimming when you're here for the summer. Hopefully Barrick will like it better then. Anisten had a hard time last year too, but this year she has been loving the water (in her little plastic pool). Where did you guys go swimming at? Was the BBQ in your backyard? Looks like a good time. Sorry we missed it.

Ariane and Wyatt said...

Aleese,

It looks like you had tons of fun on Memorial Day. I loved little Barrick in his swimsuit. he looks adorable. Love you lots!

chunkymonkey said...

What an adorable swimsuit and matching sunglasses--worth the search! And I bet he'll like swimming when it gets a little warmer.

Melissa said...

Blaise absolutely loved swimming from the second he discovered it - he is like a fish out of water! I think it helps that Poppas pool is always heated! Barrick just needs a heated pool to swim in! Vegas is also a great place to swim because the sun heats the pools just right. (Hint hint)

Anonymous said...

We got Porter some sunglasses similar to those!! They are so cute. We can't wait for the weather here in Utah to warm up so we can take Porter out. You guys are such a cute family!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Love the swimsuit and the glasses! It looks like you guys had fun (except Barrick when he was in the pool! It'll probably just take some getting used to).