Friday, May 2, 2008

Nine Years!

As of May 1st (I know I am late) Scotty and I have been "together" for nine years! It was prom my sophomore year and the date went so well we just couldn't live without each other. So I just wanted to write a little about that day.
Our first date was so fun and eventful with good things and bad but it didn't matter it was just so wonderful. Scotty had decided that we would go wave running for our day activity and remember it was only May 1st so it was freezing! We were literally the only people on the lake. We finally got things up and going and within the first five minutes everything went wrong. To make a long story short we sunk one of the wave runners, and while one of the guys sat in the middle of the lake holding it up so it wouldn't sink, I had to swim from the middle of the lake to the shore. Then to make it worse Scotty ended up getting 1000 dollars worth of tickets for no registration (he left the stickers at home), tickets for going to fast in the wake which really wasn't his fault, and lots of money for repairs to fix the sunken wave runner. We were on the lake for about five minutes.
Then we went up the Crystal Hot Springs and that was a blast! On the way home we got in a food fight with another couple in his car and it was a mess there were KFC mashed potatoes everywhere!
We had such a fun night we went to the Roof for dinner, then we went to the Capital Building for the dance and I felt so special. Then after the dance we went to a parking lot of Baskin and Robins where we continued the dance. It was the BEST night ever and all it took was that one night and I was hooked. So I am pretty much the luckiest girl ever! I love Scotty so much and couldn't imagine life without him. I love you babe!

Here are some pictures over the years. San Diego trip.

When we went to the U of U's homecoming dance.
Lake Powell trip.
At the Ocean.
Here we are now after nine years.

14 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

You guys are so cute...seriously what a sweet family you make. High school sweethearts is the best, it feels like you have known each other your whole lives and you basically grew up together. Crazy, how fast time goes, kinda makes me sad. Well, congrats on 9 years to a very cute, little couple!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Happy anniversary! You guys were so fun to grow up with and I am so happy for you and your little family.

Brea Marie said...

9 years!! How cool! I wish I would have known early on who I would marry, that way I wouldn't have wasted so much time on other people! You guys were and still are such an amazing happy and cute couple! Congrats and good luck on another 9 years together!

karin said...

You are so cute. I love going down memory lane. It would be fun to hear Scotty's version of that day too.

Anonymous said...

I never knew that story about the wave runner. That seriously made me laugh, that would only happen to you and scotty! I love you both and i am so glad things worked out the way they did!

Jen said...

How cute! I remember in high school you two always seemed like you'd last. You still are as cute as ever together.

chunkymonkey said...

What fun memories! Thanks for sharing them and giving me a good laugh (as a fellow wave runner mis-happer).

Diana said...

How cute! That first date story sounds like it should be from a movie. I love love love the first picture of you guys. You look so young. Aleese you look like Amanda Bynes in that picture and the spiky hair on Scott is great! What a great couple.

Tiff and Chris said...

Thats too funny with the waverunner and pretty awesome that you swam to the shore-kudos, seriously. Strange how our lives move in such a direction that turns out better than we could have ever imagined. I've been "together" with Chris (my hubby) since high school. too. I have seen him grow so much and its so impressive to see and humbling to be a part of it.

Melissa said...

Remember when we would go to lunch together, just the 3 of us? Ohh the days of being the third wheel! Miss you guys!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

You guys are really a cute couple. That is so cool that you have been together that long, I love seeing examples of true love!

Bentleys said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! You guys are so adorable and I wish you the best on the next nine years!!!

Leslee and Kody said...

congrats!! tell scotty his hair looks funny all spikey like that!!hahahaha!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry I was amused there for a minute, love you guys and miss you all very much :)

Rob and Bri said...

I totally thought I'd left a comment on this one and then I saw that I hadn't (I'm going crazy). Anyway, Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been nine years since that night. I remember that first date of yours too, but not so fondly. I realized then that my friend was history to me. haha It all worked out though obviously. It's funny, but it seems like most of the dates you guys went on had some kind of story like that. I don't know if that's good or bad. :) Love you guys. Cute pics