After a wonderful week in Chicago we drove home the day of my Birthday so I could share my day with my family. The drive home was wonderful I was able to talk to family and friends and enjoy spending the last quite moments with Scotty just to talk. We enjoyed the driving as much as the trip because we were able to talk which is hard to do when you have lots of little people around.
We were pretty excited to come home to our kiddos. My mom had to fly out the next morning so for dinner I wanted Mexican food the one type of food we didn't have while in Chicago. As you can see on the drive there everyone but Barrick, my mom and I fell asleep. I think we were all tired after a long week.
We had a great dinner then it was home for some cake!
The kids were a little upset, they were convinced we were having a party with party games, piñatas, and prizes. I think with some cake and the fact that they hadn't seen us for a week they were appeased with cake.
I am so lucky I have these four little ones. They make my life so wonderful!
As you can see they were very happy about the cake! We opened some presents and put the kiddos to bed.
Of course even though my mom had to be up at 430 the next morning she insisted on following the tradition of taking me out and buying some clothes along with everything else she did. Like I said before there is nothing better then being able to leave your kids and not have one worry. My mom is truly the BEST mom and more importantly LOVES my kids. I am grateful she is the type of Grandma who gets down on the floor and plays with my kids. They had so much fun! They did Halloween crafts, painted finger nails, played board games, decorated cupcakes, and were just loved. Thank you so much Mom for not only loving and playing with my kids but teaching them what is most important in life. You are such a great example to me and my kids. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment