Friday, January 25, 2013

November!!


The end of the year is crazy for everyone.  Holiday after holiday, and in our family we throw in an anniversary and 4 birthdays, three of which are the week of Christmas and without fail every year it is a struggle for me too stay on top of things, and with each passing event I get more and more behind!  So here is the beginning of the catch up of all catch ups!!
 
Visitors
The first part of November my Mom, Ashtyn and her little kiddos Paisley, and Prestyn came out to visit and it was Glorious!!  We had so much fun playing, shopping, letting the kids play!!  There is nothing better then being with your mom and sister.  I miss them so much and when we get to be together there is nothing better! 
 
 
Lilly loved having another girl around!  It was an adjustment to have to share her "girl" toys.  She is the best at sharing our gender neutral toys, but it was difficult to share her princesses and babies.  
 
 These three were CRAZY!!  Here they are playing babies.
 Yes bath time was in order!
Liam loved having another little girl to take care of.
 Barrick on the other hand LOVED the babies.  He adored chasing Prestyn around, and Briony must have felt the pressure to crawl because once they left she became mobile!  It was a wonderful trip!  Crazy that I didn't get pictures of the adults, once I get time to have adult conversation and only worry about myself the last thing I think about doing is taking pictures. Such a fun week!
 
 
Thanksgiving
Then Thanksgiving!  It was a wonderful day, Scotty was on call that day so he spent all day and night taking care of newborns:)  We cooked all morning, packed (we left the day after Thanksgiving for MD)  and got ready to go spend the day with friends.  My friends were kind enough to take us in and make the holiday wonderful!  We had a delicious dinner and my kids had a blast playing with friends!  Of course when you are the only parent around pictures become impossible.
 
Then it was off to the hospital to see Scotty for a little bit and take him some dinner.  Surprisingly there were a lot of deliveries for it being a holiday, so he was pretty busy but we got to sneak in a little time with him.
 All the kiddos with daddy.  They colored, jumped on the bed and all had to use the call room bathroom.  I don't know what it is but our kids LOVE to use the bathroom.  They think it is a pretty cool room!
Briony was all smiles when we got there.  She sure loves her daddy!
Scotty very excited to eat dinner. 
 
 
Mommy and Briony snuggling while the other kids colored.  Yes it was a bummer Scotty worked but we had wonderful friends who made it special, and some special quality time with Scotty that made me so thankful for such a wonderful day!  I truly have so much to be thankful for!
 
 
Maryland and Hurricane Sandy
The next morning after Thanksgiving we left for MD to go help Scottys program director promote his residency program at USUHS.  We were so excited to go see friends!!  In planning details with friends our old ward (church) was going up to New Jersey to go help clean up after Hurricane Sandy so Scotty joined them.  We got in Friday night, and they left for Jersey the next morning at 5:30 in the morning worked all day and night then drove back to Md and got back at about 2:30 in the morning!  CRAZY.  A lot of driving for Scotty but SO worth it.  He got to hang out with some of our best friends, and do some good.
 
Here Scotty is cleaning up houses, and the beach.  He was so glad he was able to help!



For me I just got to hang out with friends.  It was WONDERFUL, and made me miss them even more then I already do.  I love my friends!  Nicole and Diana thank you so much for letting us come invade your homes and more importantly for being the best friends that are more like family, and for loving my kiddos.  Oh thanks to Ben and Devin too:)
 
The first couple of days we stayed with the Ures.  Sunday we planned Thanksgiving dinner so we went to church then had a day of cooking, laughing, fighting, crying, and sleeping but that is what Thanksgiving and Sundays are all about right.  But at the end of the day we put the kids to bed then sat down as adults and had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner (husband included this time) and it was wonderful!!  The kids were amazing!  All six of  us stayed in the same room and they were so good!  Bedtime about killed me every night but after the first couple of nights they knew the routine.    
Lilly loved having Alyvia around!  I think she got a taste of what it will be like to have a sister that is more on her level.  She LOVED it!!  She adored her. 
Nicole also made these adorable Thanksgiving shirts for my kiddos.  Aren't they awesome!  Like I said my friends are the BEST right?!!
 
We had some fun nights and days playing with our friends.  Pizza night, play dates and the mall, and fun dancing!
 

We had a dinner party and the kids danced and played all night long!  Lilly discovered her love for tutus and has had one on ever since!
 
 
I know this picture is blurry but I LOVE Liam in this picture!
 
We also went to Ice at the Gaylord hotel.  When I was pregnant with the twins we took Barrick and wanted to go again.  This year the theme was Shrek and it was so cute.  I don't remember it being as cold as it was, but then again I was nine months pregnant with twins so I was a walking furnace.
  It was FREEZING!!  I felt like my skin was burning.  We thought it was a total bust until we got to the slides then they were happy.  We also lost Barrick and I about had a heart attack!  Probably the most scared I have ever been in my life.  He had walked ahead to find the slide and we ended up finding him hiding in a corner.  So scary but like I said the slides were a cure for all ailments.  Cold hands, frozen snot running down their faces, cold feet, lost child, complaining the coats were too heavy, and then it was all gone once we got to the slide area.  Of course Briony the angel baby was amazing.  She didn't make a peep then fell asleep in my arms.
Barrick and Lilly getting ready to go in.
This is where Barrick ran ahead.  See that smile on my face is changed very quickly when I couldn't find my sweet boy.
Daddy and Briony.  Like I said the BEST baby ever!
Of course the Slide, Barrick could have stayed here all day!  These ice slides were very fun!


One of the kiddos before we went in.  Alyvia was being sad so she is missing, but seriously look at Barricks face?  Could Jonas be any cuter in this picture!  Love that little boy!

Then we went and stayed at the Caffees!  Yet again days full of fun!!  My friends are amazing I think I have said it about a million times but cant say it enough!  I fortunately always get to benefit from my super talented,  crafty friends.  The kids were playing and making capes with blankets and Diana in all of her craftiness said,  "lets just make some capes" so she pulled out what she had and whipped these out for all the kids, masks included!     


Here is super Liam and Super Barrick.
Just like Lilly had a friend so did Liam!  These two boys had so much fun together and couldn't be more alike.  They did everything together!
 
Barrick of course had his best buds Lucy, and Jonas.  They are always so busy so I never got a picture of them.  We had such a wonderful time!  Saw so many people that I love and that I am so grateful for.  I went out with the girls one night and we had a talk about how in life it is rare to find friends that become like your family, and that is what these two have been and still are for me.  Thanks for such a great week!

No comments: