Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a week!

To describe this last week all I can say is I have changed about a million diapers, used a lot of diaper cream,  and we had to stay very close to a toilet for Barrick.  Yes a little stomach bug has invaded our house and seems to want to stay forever!  The upside, the kids have acted completely healthy.  The only problem is when you are stuck to a house with sick kids they usually just want to lay around and watch TV, but with this not affecting them I have had to be very creative!  (or in my case use other peoples creativity)

So here is our week in a nutshell.   

After watching an episode of Curious George where he uses a juicer to make juice, Barrick has asked to get one for months.  Well Scotty knew we were stuck in the house so one day this week a juicer showed up on our porch from Amazon.  As you can see Barrick was very happy!

Barrick has also become very obsessed with mazes lately.  We thought this book for 4-6 year olds would last a little longer.  He did 55 mazes in 45 minutes!!  I think we need to go up to the next level.

 We had a fun game of bowling!

Movie theatre on the stairs.  Don't you love Barricks toilet paper necklace!

Thanks to pinterest we had some fun number activities.  He prefers letters and hates when I make him work on his numbers, but he was very excited today! 



A couple of weeks ago Barrick saw a picture of his cousins where they did this activity and begged me to let him do it.  Marshmellows and toothpicks were a hit at our house too.  (thanks Shauni)  I love that you can see their personalities with how they built it.  Barricks was complex and pretty advanced for his age.
Lillys was organized in lines, and color coordinated.


Liam had his on the stick long enough to eat them.


Lilly has spent a lot of time coloring in her tangled coloring book which she carries around everywhere.


 We worked on colors with Liam.  For the most part saying the words.  He is improving everyday with his speech.
We also made some paddles a while ago to play balloon tennis, and pulled them back out this week.


Last, we have widened our selection of Bendaroo animals.  My kids LOVE making these, thanks Gma Stewart!

We have had a great week but looking forward to being able to leave the house again.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Aleese you are amazing...but I already knew that! It looks like a fun (even though the kids were sickies) week! I can't believe Ms. Briony!!! She is soo Liam! I love her little chubbers! Miss ya!!