Monday, July 16, 2012

Fourth Festivities!

The fourth of July is one Holiday that I miss celebrating with family!  I miss the parade, lunch at a  restaurant,  picnic for dinner, swimming, and shooting guns at the gun range.  It is the same every year and man did I miss it this year.   It was even more difficult because the week before all of my siblings were in town together except us:( 

Given the circumstances I wanted to make the most of the day.  Scotty worked so first thing in the morning we woke up and had cinnamon rolls for breakfast (good food always makes everything better) then headed to the Y so I could work off that cinnamon roll:) 
 Afterwards we were headed to a ward bbq and Scotty called and told me they were going to let him leave and come to the bbq for a bit!!  I was so happy I thought I would have to be alone all day, of course he had to go back but that little bit was worth it!  The bbq was HOT, HOT, HOT!!  We stuck around and enjoyed some company then heat drove us out. 
 Scotty went back to work but was able to make it home for a late dinner and some small fireworks with our family. 
The kiddos in their fourth of July shirts.  Yes this is the best picture I could get.
Lilly at the bbq, she is wearing the heat of the day all over her face.

Barrick and Liam doing some sparklers.  We had a great day then Scotty and I put the kids to bed and enjoyed a movie and some fireworks we could see from out deck.  It was a great day!!


No comments: