Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday and visitors!!

This last week was one fun filled week. Monday evening my parents flew into town!! My dad comes out for work quite a bit and his trip this week happen to fall over my birthday and my mom came along to spend the week with us. This couldn't have been a better time! This week in school Scotty had two really big important tests, so he literally had to study from early morning to as late as possible. They stayed until Thursay afternoon and it was so fun!! We had a blast!!Here is a picture at dinner one night at Bugaboo Steakhouse, so yummy!! My aunt and Uncle happened to be out at the same time for my uncles work, so we all got together for dinner.
Just anther picture at dinner with my two boys!
Here is Barrick with his Gpa walking around everywhere! We think we have another Hyrum on our hands, Barrick couldn't get enough of playing with Gpa. Gpa was for playing and Gma for cuddling, he loved giving her kisses and cuddling up in her hair.

Just a picture with Gma and Gpa the day they left. He was pretty excited to see them this morning, he had been fussy all morning but once they walked in the door he started screaming and crawled as fast as his little legs could get over to them.
Here is a picture of us eating breakfast at the Amish Market, this is the BEST store ever!! My parents were able to get some good stuff here.

We also went to the pumpkin patch but my mom has all of the pictures, so that post will come later. Thank you so much mom and dad for coming out this was one memorable birthday.

14 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

So fun...seriously Barick is just getting cuter and cuter the older he gets. I love it! I am sure you all had so much fun together, I am so happy they got to come out.

Tristina said...

Happy birthday!! We HAVE to get together soon! It has been too long for how close we are!

karin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You couldn't have asked for a better birthday present than to have your parents come for a visit.

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so happy for you that your parents were able to come out for your birthday, it was always a littl hard for me not to get a bit sad on my birthday with no family around. Cute pictures, it's so great how excited kids get to see their grandparents.

Christensen's said...

I am glad that you were able to visit with your parents. It just feels so good to see family!

Christensen's said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday Aleese! wish we could of been their to celebrate with you!
i loved the picture of Barrick walking with dad, he looks so cute, so much like scotty!
I didn't know Kevin and Deb were there also? how fun!
looks like you guys had a great week with mom and dad and a great birthday.
thanks for the post!

Tiff and Chris said...

Fun stuff! How awesome to be able to spend more time with your family. Barrick is such a cutie!

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Barrack is SO cute! I wish people made it to Iowa a bit more, but it's not a place people often vacation or have work conferences! ;) So I'm jealous that you have gotten to visit with family quite a bit recently!! That's great! Hope all is well, and that Scotty did well on his tests!

shauni said...

I hope you had a great birthday! I'm so glad your parents were able to be there to help you celebrate.

Molly said...

Happy birthday!!! Barrick is looking so BIG and ridiculously cute! I want to see him in person again! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving, you should come hang with us!

Alaina Nelson said...

It's so great that you get to see so much of your family, even though you live so far away! You all look like your doing VERY well. Happy birthday! I hope you all continue to be happy.

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I don't think I have commented since I saw you at Chelsey's wedding. It was so good to see you and get to chat with you! I am not going to lie I was pretty sad that I didn't get to see Barrick!!

Nick and Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, how fun of your parents to get to come out! Barrick is so darn cute! Its so fun to see your kids love their grandparents!