Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twins!

First we need to apologize for the long time between posts, we have been a little busy! Our Christmas post will have to wait until we get more time, we need to get some pictures of the babies up. So here is the story:

Aleese was hospitalized on Dec 15 for pre-term labor. She spent 6 days at NNMC in Bethesda and was released after they were able to calm her down (only took them 6 days haha). She spent the next few days about as miserable as I have ever seen her! She was very itchy and uncomfortable but was still a good sport about Christmas.

On the 26th she went in for a check-up and was once again hospitalized for possible pre-eclampsia. She had been feeling dizzy and had funny changes in her vision and her blood pressure was through the roof! So she spent another night in the hospital. Barrick and I went to pick her up on the 27th and while we were there her doctor told her she should spend one more night just to be safe. She cried. Yeeeah, she was bawling. Who could blame her? She spent 8 days of her Christmas break in the hospital worrying about her two children at home making a mess of things!! But it was a good thing she stayed one more night!

She called me at 2:00 AM on the 28th. Her exact words were "Scotty get in here now! I am bleeding and going to have these babies!" Sooo, I called a friend to come sleep on the couch and listen for Barrick while I drove to Bethesda. Two hours later......

Lilly Anne Stewart came first, 4:28 AM weighing 4 lbs 13 oz. Following her was Liam Walter Stewart at 4:32 weighing 6 lbs 3 oz. Initially they were both doing fine but then Liam started having a difficult time breathing. They were both taken to the NICU but Lilly was given back to us a few hours later. So I will start with Liam.

Liam Walter Stewart

Most of Liam's pictures were taken with cell phones since we didn't take the camera into the NICU with us. He was put on CPAP and after two days of little improvement was given surfactant. He is currently eating fine but still needs high flow oxygen.

What a cute kid!


His first good eyes open picture


Liam on CPAP, guess he wanted to wear a Darth Vadar mask like his Grandpa Stewart (wink wink!)

Most recent picture of Liam, taken Jan 1st



Lilly Anne Stewart


Since coming home Lilly has been eating well and is just a joy to have. She is a little more needy than either of the boys have seemed to be, especially when she is not getting the attention she thinks she deserves!


Grandma Nelson was able to come out and help. Lilly loves to cuddle her Grandma!


As you can see Barrick loves his baby sister! He was hesitant at first, but now he hugs her every chance he gets!

This morning we found Barrick lying next to Lilly watching TV. Now we just need Liam to come home so all the kids can hang out together!



29 comments:

Katz said...

They are adorable! Congrats! We hope that Liam gets to come home soon.

Eric and Jenny said...

Beautiful babies, congratulations!

Oh Aleese I hope you are doing okay, my heart breaks for all the worry you must have had. Hopefully Liam can come home soon and join the rest of his family. Such precious babies I am so happy for you!

The Grant Fam said...

Congrats guys!!!! That is awesome they are here. Also I think it's good for you guys they are coming home one at a time. Glad Liam is doing ok but it is kinda overwhelming all at once. Very Very cute!!!! How exciting.

Ashley and Devan said...

Congratulations! Such beautiful babies. I love both of their names. I hope Liam can come home soon.

Katharine said...

I am so happy for you guys! We will be to visit this weekend!

Nick and Kandi said...

Congratulations! i can't even say how adorable they are! We hope Liam comes home soon and that Aleese is doing well. Yea!

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations on those beautiful babies.

How is Aleese? Have they given you an idea of when Liam will come home?

Mrs Abbott said...

Congrats!!!

Thiago & Teri said...

Congratulations...they are so adorable! Hopefully you can all be together soon. Glad things went well for the most part.

lulu said...

I just took a deep breath. Wow! Merry Christmas to the Stewarts! May God be with you.

shauni said...

I love them already! I love the pregnant picture of Aleese, you look fabulous- I can't believe how skinny your arms, legs and face stayed. Your belly looks like you just put a couple of basketballs under your shirt. I also loved the pic of Liam on CPAP-just like Dad! I hope he can come home soon. Lilly looks so tiny next to Barrick, and he is pretty tiny! We miss you guys and wish we lived closer so we could come and help hold those cute little babies. Keep us posted!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Congrats! I hope Liam comes home soon. They really need to be together. We keep Anna and Austin in the same crib... It seems like they sleep better together. They are so adorable! Congrats guys!

Shawna said...

Congrats guys! They are beautiful! Wishing you both sanity as you adjust to 3 kids :D

The Obergs said...

oh congratulations! What beautiful little miracles. I really can't even imagine making two at a time. Aleese, you are champion. They are so sweet and perfect. Best of luck, I hope you have all sorts of help lined up. I love your names, they're classic.

Erin said...

They are the CUTEST!! I'm so glad everything's okay. Wow, that's so amazing. They're so adorable, I can hardly stand it. Love you guys!!

hoLLY said...

oh how exciting i got the chills just reading about the two little cuties!!!they are both adorable woth adorable names!! congrats!!!!!!

Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] said...

What sweet little babies! Congratulations to you and your family!

The Shaws said...

Congrats you too! I have been checking your blog like crazy and was so excited to get the good news this morning. I wish you lived here so I could bring you a yummy dinner and hug on those babies :) Love you both!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Congratulations. Good work Aleese. That's great you made it so far. Hope Liam can go home soon.

Johnstun Fam said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful Babies! I am so happy that you are doing good!

karin said...

I thought I already left a comment.

They are adorable. I am glad everyone is fine, hopefully Liam is home soon. Barrick seems to be adjusting well to being a big brother, I am nervous for how my little boy is going to adjust when he isn't the baby.

Nick and Stacey said...

Okay first of all I love the Name lilly, one of our picks for a girl! They are absolutely adorable! I am so glad they are here safely, I hope that little Liam can come home soon too! Seriously what beautiful babies! So excited fro you!

Danielle said...

Aleese I am so happy for you. Your kids are so cute. I hope that everything goes well and you are able to bring your little one home soon.

Rory & Lori said...

Wow, congratulations! That is so exciting! I'm so happy things are going so well. They are so adorable. I love their names! Liam was one of the names we were debating between for our little Eli, so I definitely love it! I can't wait to see pictures of all the kids together. Congrats again!

Unknown said...

They're gorgeous! Congratulations. And I love their names, too!

Alaina Nelson said...

awww they are too cute! I am so happy they are here and doing well. You guys are in our prayers! Love you!!

JWolfgramm said...

First of all Aleese, you look awesome. Even at the end of your pregnancy with twins you were just all belly. You seriously look amazing! Oh and the twins are adorable!!! So cute!! and tiny! And I absolutely adore their names!! Good work you guys!!

The Brown's said...

Oh wow. Congrats you guys. They couldn't have gone to better parents. They are so cute. I also hope Liam is well soon!

Rob and Bri said...

Oh my Gosh!! I wish I could've been there. Aleese you are incredible! I'm so glad everything worked out well. That post made me cry. They are such cute little babies and I am so happy for you guys!