Well to start off our fun weekend we were lucky enough to have my brother Austin in town! He lives in Texas so we only get to see them a couple of times a year so this was a big treat to have him all to ourselves. He was here for work, but was really only there for two half days so we got to spend a lot of time together! As you can see by the pictures Barrick LOVED spending time with Austin. Scotty was a little jealous because everytime Austin came home he got the same welcome Scotty usually gets. It is always so fun to have family come and love on Barrick since we don't get it that often.
This is my favorite picture, kind of random but this is what Barrick did everytime Austin came through the door. He followed him everywhere! He was so happy to see him! As you can see he was pretty interested in what Austin had to say.
Along with all of the fun we had our first snow, of course it didn't stick and you can barely see the snowflakes but I thought Barrick looked cute all bundled up!
Also this weekend we all went to a neighbors house and watched the BYU/Utah game, and I have to say it couldn't have ended any better! We had so much fun! It was especially nice to have the support of Austin who is a former Ute and as big of fan as we are. We are outnumbered in our ward by so many cougar fans, so it was nice to have the victory! I wish I would have gotten pictures!
Then Sunday, we decorated our Christmas tree! It is our tradition to do it the Sunday before Thanksgiving and it was so much fun to have Barrick with us this year. He LOVED all of the decorations especially the lights he was in awe of them! He did not like the Christmas tree he thought it was poky. Here are some fun pictures of our night!
Also this weekend we all went to a neighbors house and watched the BYU/Utah game, and I have to say it couldn't have ended any better! We had so much fun! It was especially nice to have the support of Austin who is a former Ute and as big of fan as we are. We are outnumbered in our ward by so many cougar fans, so it was nice to have the victory! I wish I would have gotten pictures!
Then Sunday, we decorated our Christmas tree! It is our tradition to do it the Sunday before Thanksgiving and it was so much fun to have Barrick with us this year. He LOVED all of the decorations especially the lights he was in awe of them! He did not like the Christmas tree he thought it was poky. Here are some fun pictures of our night!
Here is the final project minus the Christmas tree skirt! We had such a fun night!
Last just some fun things about Barrick at eleven months!
1-He loves Nilla Wafers he could eat them all day long! Every time I take them away he freaks out and starts screaming!
2-His favorite toy is a stuffed elephant my friend Deann gave to him. He takes it everywhere with him and hugs it all day.
3-He now understands what to do with the phone. Every time he is holding it and I say hello he puts it up to his ear.
4-He is pretty close to walking he can do it when he isn't paying attention but once he realizes he is alone he won't do it.
5-He is also getting some more teeth!
6-One of my favorite things he has been doing all month, is when he hugs me he pats my back. I think it is so funny! I have always done it since he was a baby and now he does it to mommy.
I could go on and on but I just wanted to write a few down. I just love this little guy! I can't believe he will be one in just a month! WOW does time fly by! He has been such a huge blessing in our lives and I am so grateful we are his parents.
1-He loves Nilla Wafers he could eat them all day long! Every time I take them away he freaks out and starts screaming!
2-His favorite toy is a stuffed elephant my friend Deann gave to him. He takes it everywhere with him and hugs it all day.
3-He now understands what to do with the phone. Every time he is holding it and I say hello he puts it up to his ear.
4-He is pretty close to walking he can do it when he isn't paying attention but once he realizes he is alone he won't do it.
5-He is also getting some more teeth!
6-One of my favorite things he has been doing all month, is when he hugs me he pats my back. I think it is so funny! I have always done it since he was a baby and now he does it to mommy.
I could go on and on but I just wanted to write a few down. I just love this little guy! I can't believe he will be one in just a month! WOW does time fly by! He has been such a huge blessing in our lives and I am so grateful we are his parents.
12 comments:
Can you believe you will be celebrating his first B-day in a month? Crazy how time flies. You guys are great parents and Barrick is so lucky to have you. I am so excited for what the future brings you. Hopefully we can see each other over Christmas.
Has anyone ever told Scott that he looks like a young Bill Paxton circa Alians? Seriously, check this out:
http://www.alicia-logic.com/capspages/caps_viewall.asp?titleid=6&start=1.
What a fun weekend. Yeah, so we're supposed to paint our basement red now... I'm pretty sure Ben is just going to have to fall short on his bet :) Thanks for you comment, I agree. We really need to get together sometime this week. Let me know what you think.
Christmas stuff up already?? You guys are on top of things!! I cant believe he is going to be 1. Goes by quick doesnt it, my baby is going to be 4 in two days :( We cant wait to see you guys for Christmas! Kalii talks about you guys all the time!!! Love you guys!
Minus the Utes winning, that is a great weekend. I LOVE having visitors, especially siblings. And honestly, could Barrick get any cuter?
Cute. I love that he pats your back when he hugs you...so sweet.
I really can't believe he is almost one either time goes to fast. How fun that your brother was in town and so cute that Barrick loves him so much. I always worried that my kids wouldn't love family as much as I would like them too not seeing them that often but it never seems to be the case, it always worked out. Your tree looks great, I love it!
O-I love this blog! How great that you got to see Ausitn! Well I love evry part of the blog except the BYU losing part :)
almost a year!!! wow!! he is super cute!
That is such a fun weekend!! Little Barrick is getting so big, I never have really noticed all that blond hair until I looked at these pictures. He is just so precious. Your tree looks great too, that is such a cute picture of you and you little one.
FUN!! I cant wait to put my tree up. I cant believe how dang cute your little family is. I hope you have a wonderful THANKSGIVING!!
I just wanted to say hi. I love all the pictures of Austin with Barrick, so adorable. I can't believe you will be here in a few weeks! Yeah! I'm so exicted!
Sorry i didn't get back to you when you called. These last two weeks have been so crazy. Thank you for calling though, it meant a lot to me. Your a sweetheart.
Glad everything is going good, can't wait to see you, in a few weeks!
love you.
Post a Comment