Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maryland Football!!!


Barrick and I went to the Maryland v North Carolina football game this last Saturday and Aleese wanted me to write about it. So here it goes.

First off she has never been so paranoid in her entire life. To leave her baby with me for five hours!!! She must be crazy. But after three lengthy lectures, a dozen reminders, and enough supplies to survive a major catastrophe, she turned us loose.

This was intended to be an Elders quorum activity for the church but everyone bailed out because it was supposed to rain so bad. Since I was the one who planned it I couldn't bail. I really did want to go anyways, it was Barricks first football game! So five of us ended up going and we brought two little boys.

We scalped tickets for 18 bucks a piece and they were great seats. Third row, corner of the endzone. We had only been seated a few minutes when Maryland scored their first touchdown and the crowd went crazy. I didn't realize we were so close to the band. The noise was enough to scare me, and it sent Barrick into a crying fit.

So we ended up watching the game from the nosebleeds.

In truth the seats were not that bad. The rest of the game was a blast. We got rained on pretty bad; Barrick was bundled up inside two of his own coats and mine, wearing a beanie and two hoods. So we survived the first half of pounding rain. Then when the sun came up the game got really good.

Barrick had never had nachos, hotdogs, popcorn, or soft pretzel. So why not try them all at his first football game! Besides, if not for the food we would have left at half time. As it was we were able to stay the entire game. So there it is. Barrick survived an entire college football game at 10 months old. What a stud.

The picture quality is not great because they are all cell phone pics. His mother asked me to take pictures.....yeah. I guess I am glad we did. He is pretty cute!

16 comments:

karin said...

First, I am impressed that you posted. Second, I am totally impressed that you took Barrick by yourself to a football game in the rain. I am really glad you took photos because he is really cute and major events (like going to your first college football game) need to be documented. I need food to get me through a whole game too.

Bentleys said...

Scotty you are the best dad!!! Barrick is so lucky to have such a fun great example!! It is so hard for us moms to let go of our babies don't blame us its hormones!!! Hopefully Aleese had fun by herself!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

What a brave dad to take a little guy to a game all alone, I love it, that's so cute. Lucky Barrick those are all my favorite game foods, why not eat them all at once? Aleese It was probably a long night for you without your baby!

Nick and Stacey said...

How fun! What a great day! I am way impressed he stayed the whole game! Even through rain and all!

Unknown said...

Scotty, you're awesome! I don't think Kellen would want to take Rykker anywhere without mommy, let alone to a football game! You're awesome! Barrick is so cute! Aleese, I hope you took advantage of some alone time, since it seems pretty rare being a med-school wife! You guys are great! Are you going home for Christmas?

The Martin's said...

How fun!! I love when it's daddy time! I'm glad you had fun and didn't freeze to death in the rain! He is such a cutie!

Unknown said...

Should I be ashamed that H is 19 months and has never been to a football game?
That looks so fun! I 'm glad you went.

The Shaws said...

Cutest little family!! I cant believe how big your little guy is getting.

Diana said...

ohh, we love Barrick! What a cute little guy decked out for his first football game. Love it.

Sage said...

Its fun to get some time away from mommy. Then they can't get mad at what really goes on. Looks like you had a blast.

shauni said...

i'm impressed that youtook Barrick with you- it looks like he had a blast. I hope Aleese got to do something super fun while you guys were gone

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

SSSSSoooooooooo Cute! I can totally see Aleese being all paranoid too, you're such a cute mommy! You guys are great...Barrick is so lucky to have you as his parents.

lulu said...

So I have to ask, who's idea was this? And Aleese, what did you get to do for five whole hours alone? I'm impressed with both of you. I don't think I would have allowed it. I'm that paranoid and worried. Man, I've got to chill out!

Jamie said...

haha what a cute dad~!

Thiago & Teri said...

I love Barrick's eyes...they are so beautiful. What a great dad to take off with just the two of them, sounds like they had a great time!

chunkymonkey said...

Way to go! We have yet to take Con to a football game--always leaving him with someone else--but this is inspirational for next season.