Wow what a weekend! It was a much needed break and it was so amazing to be able to spend time with Scotty!! To kick it all off Wednesday night we had a game night with a couple of friends. Settlers, treats, and friends whats better then that. Then Thursday Scotty went and played in the Turkey Bowl and he had a blast! Barrick and I were great cheerleaders and enjoyed hanging out with all of the other moms and kids. Of course I started cooking Wednesday and was cooking until dinner started. We hosted dinner at our house and had a bunch of friends over.
I would have to say it turned out really well, with ten adults and seven kids, the Christmas tree only got knocked over twice and only a couple of food stains to clean up, I would say it was a success!
Later that night we had some friends who are going to Medical school up in New York come down to visit for the weekend. We had such a great time, Friday we of course went shopping and got a few great deals and had fun buying Barrick Christmas presents. Then Saturday we joined Ian and Krystle down to DC. We were able to go to the Holocaust Museum, the Natural History Museum and a couple of the Monuments, then Barrick was exhausted so we headed home.
Here we are in front of Jefferson Monument.
Here is Krystle, Scotty, Barrick and Ian walking to our next stop.
Barrick LOVED the Natural History museum he couldn't get enough of the animals. He was so excited about them, his favorite was the Grizzly bear he started crying when we took him away from it.
Here is Barrick and I in the Africa section.
Here is our little buddy all bundled up.
Last, here we are on our way back to the car. Barrick was so exhausted he actually let Scotty hold him like this for about fifteen minutes before he fell asleep. As you can tell Scotty loves nothing more then to cuddle with his little side kick. I just love them! We had such a great time Barrick and I ran ourselves a little too thin. Barrick woke up sick Sunday morning and I followed shortly there after. Oh well it was a very fun and memorable weekend, thanks everyone for making it so great!
12 comments:
I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!! Do you have plans to come home for Christmas?
That is a busy long weekend. We are under-the-weather too, maybe too much "vacationing."
LOVE Barrick all bundled up.
wow that dinner had to have been a ton of work! good for you! how fun that ya'll can get together with friends in the same boat as you! your little guy is soooo cute, glad you had a good holiday!!!
Blue is a good color! How fun to be able to spend time with your hubby and little one all weekend.
Fun weekend, I think you made a smart move using paper products especially after hosting a crowd like that. Last year we had Thanksgiving at our house and I was stressed for weeks about it. I hope you are feeling better, I guess it's good you are getting over with it before Christmas comes!
What a fun Thanksgiving, it is nice to have great friends around even if family cant be there! What a task to take on a Thnksgiving dinner, I am glad all went well!
It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. We missed not having you there with us in Utah. We love you guys and miss you a ton! I'm glad you have such wonderful friends to spend the holiday with.
Wow! Sounds like fun! We went to Utah for Thanksgiving in hopes we would see you there...no such luck. I can't believe Barrick is almost one! He sounds like a great traveler!
What a fun weekend! I'm glad you guys got to spend so much time together. You are awesome to host Thanksgiving dinner, that is a lot of work (and a lot of fun too!) I'm so glad you guys have so many friends out there. We missed you and wish we could have spent some time with you over the holiday!
You have got to be one of the prettiest people I know...you are so cute in those pictures. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, don't worry about your blue decorations...I am just impressed you had all those people over and did the dinner yourself. Sounds scary...but I bet it turned out great.
Your boy is so dang cute!! I just love his little sparkling eyes! Looks like you got a good group of friends over there!!
The answer is nothing. Nothing is better than settlers, treats and friends.
Post a Comment