Monday, September 8, 2008

On the move!

I just wanted to do a little update on life and tell a little about what is going on. As far as Barrick goes WOW he has learned so much in the last few weeks. Before we left Utah he was crawling a little bit but would stay in a small area. Just the last little while he is all over the place! He pulls himself up on anything and everything. His favorite is the bathroom, he will go in and sit on the air vent and just laughs, he loves the cold air! Then once he is done with that he stands up on the toilet then will walk himself over to the tub. Then sits and screams because he wants to get in the bath. I can tell already he is going to be just as active as his dad! (which scares me a little) He is also very loud he talks all day long! He is a little chatter box. Which I can't blame him because with Scotty and I as parents he needs to be very vocal in order to get a word in. I am just loving being home with Barrick and spending our days together.

Here is Barrick in bed supposedly taking a nap. Now with his new found freedom it takes a while to wind him down. Without fail the second I lay him down he flips over sits up and pulls himself up and starts laughing at me. He thinks sleeping is some kind of game. Then he will just sit in his room and talk and laugh until he wares himself out.

Here is Barrick climbing on the table this kept him busy for a while which was nice because he was in my view the whole time I was making dinner! Here is one from the back and one from the front. Of course he thought it was pretty funny so he was laughing at me.

Also school for Scotty is going great! He has done really well on all of the quizes and is enjoying the material much more this year. Overall school is wonderful and we feel so blessed to be where we are. Here is a picture of Scotty and Barrick before he left for school. I thought they looked cute in there matching camo. Don't mind his messy hair in the pictures he had just woken up in all of them. I promise I do his hair.

16 comments:

Laurin West said...

I weird to she him so busy and doing things. Last time I saw he he just laid there. Ya! It has been that long. That list pic of Scotty and him is so dang cute. She look so much a like. He seems like he is going to have that same huge smile as Scott.

Laurin West said...

Sorry for all the typos. I type too fast.

shauni said...

He looks so big! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I love the matching camo outfits.

Eric and Jenny said...

It's so cute when kids are on the go all the time, exhausting but cute. I also love when they laugh and talk themselves to sleep, it's just so hard to get mad at them because they sound so darn cute.

Alaina Nelson said...

Yeah! It sounds like you guys are doing so well and having so much fun! I love that I can read about your family and see all the pics from half way around the world.
By the way my host mom thinks you all are so cute, well she said you were beautifull and the Scotty and Barreck are just too cute.

Ariane and Wyatt said...

Wow! I absolutely love those pictures. I love the big cheesy smiles. He is so adorable. I love the dad and son matching camo also. I can't believe how big he is getting I bet he's happy being on the move. Just like his daddy.

karin said...

I love this stage. And really, he is getting cuter and cuter (is that possible?).
I like to take a ton of photos with Bryan, I love the father-son photos, especially when they can be matchy-matchy.

Melissa said...

I can't believe he is crawling around so much! He is getting so big! His smile definitely reminds me of his daddy's. It's good to hear you are doing well after all the trouble you came home to.

THE WOODWORTHS said...

Hey Aleese its Jenn Kelly, actually now Jenn Woodworth from High School Cardinelle Days. I saw your blog on Jaclyn's friend list. It is so great to see you and Scott are doing so well, and your baby is absolutely adorable! My husband and I have started a blog of our own now: http://jennandjoshwoodworth.blogspot.com/
We are living in Denver, CO now. Keep in touch.
Jenn

Unknown said...

I love in the first pic how you can see his different eyes so well!

We have given up naptime and now have quiet time. H just babbles to himself for about an hour.

Anonymous said...

oh Aleese! So cute! I was laughing when you said "I do, do his hair" at least he has some hair to get messy! He looks so dang cute i can only imagine him crawling all around laughing at everything! He is way to happy! (In a totally great way!) thanks for the update!

Thiago & Teri said...

He is growing so fast...he really is on the move. Don't you love it though!! So funny that he likes to sit on the vents, they used to scare Carson when he was that age for some reason.

Nick and Stacey said...

Barrick is so darn cute! I love it! I love that when you put him down for a nap he laughs at you, that is way better than the crying I get! I love that last picture, so super cute!

Molly said...

Wow, look at that smile! Glad to hear you guys are doing well, come visit us down in VA, we miss ya! :)

The Grant Fam said...

You guys just look like you are having to much fun! I love checking on you guys and little Barrick. Just wanted to say Hello!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! I love the camo picture. My mom said that she ran into your parents the other day at Wal-Mart. She was happy to hear about Barrick and that all is well.