Monday, June 16, 2008

New tricks!

As you can see Barrick has learned some new things. Last week he started doing this. He can sit up all by himself for quit a long time of course balancing with his hands. All though the last couple of days he has been sitting without his hands and he can do it for a little bit then falls. He is just learning so fast! I can't believe how big he is!! He can also roll over all the way and does it all day long, he loves to see the world from all different angles. A long with this he has got his first tooth coming in. I was denying it thinking he was getting sick, but sure enough you can see the little tooth coming in. I thought for sure he would be older! All of the kids in my family, and the nieces and nephews on my side all came in later. Must be those Stewart genes. So as you would probably guess I have had one drooly, whiny, baby all week. I would have to say I thought it would be a lot worse so I was pleasantly surprised. Barrick sitting up, sorry about the red eye.
Barrick and Easton sitting together at a BBQ. There was only one boy chair so Barrick got the princess one.

16 comments:

Diana said...

Holy cow, he has a tooth?!! Can't wait to see it. Sorry about ditching on you so much lately, I'm planning on tomorrow for sure.

Thiago & Teri said...

I can't believe what a big boy he looks like in those pictures. He is growing so fast. Carson got teeth early too, he had 6 by the time he was 6 months old. They are all so different though. Very cute pictures, and also hope you guys had a great fathers day, especially your hubby on his very first.

Jen said...

Wow! I can't believe he's sitting up. Now he's really getting into the adorable baby stage - no longer an infant when they can roll and sit and everything. What a cute little chunk!

Anonymous said...

He is growing sooo fast. (At least to me) considering i have only seen him once! that makes me sad. Khloe got 8 teeth by 10 months old and all in a 6 week period, let me tell you how much fun that was! but all my others got Nelson teeth. I can't wait for next week, Yeah!!! Barrick will be big enough to have fun with his cousins. Can't wait to see ya! we sure love you guys!

Bentleys said...

He is soooooo big it makes me sad since he is only a few months older than Sophie! Good job Barrick keep up the good work and be nice to mommy!

Eric and Jenny said...

So cute, he seems too little to be reaching all these milestones. Poor little guy teething, my kids never had problems with teething. I never knew they were until a little tooth popped out but I have heard it can be awful for some kids. I am glad he is so far doing okay with it, he looks very darling in that little chair!

karin said...

I love that he is in the Princess chair. My oldest started getting teeth at 6mo and my second was at 10mo, so it depends on the kid.

Unknown said...

I just love the tri-pod sitting. Using a hand for balance is great!

Barney Family Blog said...

What a cutie. I was just browsing your blog. What a a great thing to run for the cure. That looked like alot of fun. I just really liked reading about all your acitivites with other fams there in DC. It brought back so many memories of us in school in Oregon, especially the studying part. I really wouldn't trade our experinces there for anything. We made great friends and learned so much. It looks like you guys are too. It's fun to read about!

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

Barrick is getting so big! He's so cute! Teething is not a fun time! Brooklyn got her first tooth at 4 months and I like you thought there's no way she's too little! Barrick is manly enough to sit in a princess chair when he's wearing his Redskins onesie!:)

Heather said...

An early bloomer! My kids have both been so chubby that they can't sit up on their own for a looooong time! :) You sit them up and they just slowly roll over ! :)

The Kelseys said...

I knew he was getting a tooth! I love the picture of Barrick and Easton. I need to be more like you and bring my camera with me all the time. I miss you guys but I am having a blast in Utah. Thank goodness for blogs so I can keep in touch while I'm gone.

shauni said...

I love the one of him sitting in the princess chair, that's classic. The early teething is definitely Stewart genes. Ammon got his first tooth at 3 months and Carter was 4 1/2 months- I know, freakishly early. The good news is Barrick will be able to eat Cherios and people food sooner!

Melissa said...

He is getting too big & you can see he has such a fun little personality! Aspen is getting pretty drooly now too and I hope she doesn't start getting teeth for a while - it's no fun!

chunkymonkey said...

I've heard that the earlier the teeth come in, the less it hurts. But how does anyone know? Still, that's what I've heard. And I love the sitting up! So entertaining! So cute!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Go! Barrick, Go! and it's good to see that he's in touch with his feminine side :) Just kiddin'