Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!!

This year is Scotty's first official Fathers Day and I couldn't let it slip by and not express how grateful I am for him. It was a long road getting Barrick here and Scotty was the most amazing supportive husband. He did anything and everything to make it possible so we could have our little miracle. There is nothing Scotty wanted more then to have a huge family. He was known for it on his mission, that is all he ever talked about was being a dad. Through all of our trials in getting Barrick, Scotty never lost faith and was such a strength to me when I was feeling down. The day we had Barrick was the most special day of our lives, it was the 23rd of December and what an amazing time to have Barrick. I will never forget the moment when we saw him, we both just cried. We still look at him and can't believe he is ours. Scotty loves Barrick so much and loves showing him off to everyone. He is so proud of him! I can't tell you how many times after we put him to bed Scotty goes in and just watches him. Barrick loves Scotty so much!! Scotty can get him to laugh no matter what mood he is in. Once he walks through the door he gets so excited and kicks and laughs. Thanks for making me the happiest person ever, and thanks for being the most amazing daddy. We love you!
This is the day that Barrick was born.This is right after we got home from the hospital.

Scotty and Barrick sporting the Bjorn. This is how Scotty mows the lawn he loves having Barrick with him.
This is the most recent picture of them together. Scotty and Barrick in DC the day of the race.


We also wanted to wish our dads a Happy Fathers day. Thank you so much for your love and support. You two are the most hard working men we know and we wouldn't be where we are without you guys. Thanks for being the best examples of what Fathers should be. You are the best and we love you!

9 comments:

karin said...

This is a great post. I especially love the photo of how they mow together.

Eric and Jenny said...

He does seem like such a great dad, that is so very cute that he goes in and watches him while he is sleeping. I love all the pictures, have a great father's day!

Tiff and Chris said...

How cute that he mows that lawn with him! They both look so happy, what a lucky girl you are!

utahmama2 said...

Wow that was so cute, made me want to cry lol. Sounds and looks like he is a great dad, as I am sure your a great mom!

Anonymous said...

I love scotty to aleese! He's not only a great dad but a great brother-in-law to. We sure miss you guys! I can't wait for you guys to come this summer, we are really looking foward to it! thanks for the great post, Happy Fathers day Scott! FINALLY!!! We love you guys.

shauni said...

Cute pictures!I think it's funny that Scotty mows the lawn with Barrick. Hope you guys have a great Father's day.

Unknown said...

I love that teeny little fresh-home-from-the-hospital Barrick and Scotty picture. I think I actually said "Aww!" out loud when I saw it.

Johnstun Fam said...

Hi Aleese! Your Fathers day note almost made me cry! If I was at home I probably would have, but I am working. Anyways just wanted to let you know how sweet it was! Your fam is so cute! Also, good luck with the teething baby boy! :)

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Oh, this warms my heart! I love that he mows the lawn with Barrick. When he gets a little older, you should buy him one of those plastic lawn mowers so he can follow scotty around with it. I remember doing that with my dad.