Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Swimming Lessons!

With summer came swimming lessons, and we decided to do them outside this month.  It was better in the fact that is was only twice a week for a month, and not eveyday for two weeks.  There were some pretty cold days and they suffered the entire time.  
Barrick got so much better at putting his head under the water.  He was really forced out of his comfort zone and he did a great job, even jumping off the diving board.  I got it on video and his class was so supportive and cheered him on.  It was a pretty big deal for him and I was so proud he did it.
Liam loves the water but wants to play not learn!
Lilly does really great, but hates puting her face in the water.  She screams at the top of her lungs evertime they try to put her face in.  I just have to keep telling myself that it will come!  I know they will eventulally learn.
Briony on the other hand didn't have lessons but played on the stairs everyday with her pals Cora, and Metta.  These three little ones were fearless and didnt care if it was cold.  It was a good month and they all improved their swimming skills and got more comfortable in the water.  So for sure a success!

No comments: