This last week our Barrick boy was sick, sick, sick!! Fevers, coughs, febrile seizure's and a visit to the emergency room. Barrick rarely gets sick but when he does it is always TERRIBLE!!! He was down all week long!
All week he had been running a fever, but Thursday night Barrick woke up in the middle of the night and had a febrile seizure. Those are never fun, but I got him to calm down and go back to sleep. Then at 7 in the morning he wakes up screaming and he was out of control! The scary part was he would not move his head, and his neck was completely stiff. This carried on for 45 minutes, and we thought for sure he had meningitis. So I headed into the ED to get him checked out. Luckily by the time I got there he was doing a little better and moving his head around.
A friend of Scottys took care of Barrick and it turns out he had Influenza B, and yes he was vaccinated. The flu virus has been nasty this year!!
Here is my poor little guy! His eyes were blood shot all week and they would just water! He kept telling me, "Mom I am not sad but I keep on crying!"
Here is Barrick in the ED. He was also very dehydrated so they decided to give him some fluids. He was so brave getting his IV, and quit the bleeder.
He was so happy to get the IV out!! This started last Tuesday, and he finally went back to school today!! He is still a little weak and lost over a pound but back to his normal happy self!!
On a happy note Briony has learned how to wave and does it ALL day long!! Every time a person walks in or out of the room she has that huge grin and hand waving along with it! So here is a little wave from this sweet baby girl!
3 comments:
that barrick looks so sad and pathetic! poor kiddo!!
Poor Barrick!! He looks miserable! I hope no one else catches it. Give him a big hug from all of us!!
we are so glad that he has been feeling better poor fella what a crummy week.
Post a Comment