I love the place my kids are at right now. They are so funny and full of ideas and adventures! So the next couple of days I am going to write about each one of them.
Today is Barrick.
With teaching dance and then coming into motherhood I have been around my fair share of kids and he is the most unique, fun, crazy, kid I have ever met!! He LOVES life and all it has to offer. I learn something new everyday from him and have learned to love the little things in life.
As of late he has quite the obsession with cars and traffic laws. He is so curious and has every road leading into our neighborhood memorized. He is constantly telling me the temperature, direction we are heading, and tells me all the time which cars I need to pass! He loves to learn about the signs, the lines on the roads, why the signs are what color, and why some curbs are painted. He loves to learn and soaks up everything I tell him.
This little one keeps me on my toes!
One night Lilly wanted to put dress ups on everyone, and being the good brother that Barrick is he let her. Seriously look at those legs!!! I wish I had long skinny legs like that!
This picture is a little more Barrick:)
I have never seen him love someone like he loves Briony. I truly believe they made some kind of pact in heaven to be together. They both adore each other. Where you find one at our house you will surely find the other. When I was in Utah Briony got sick and was throwing up and just so sad! Nothing and Nobody could get her to smile. I pulled a picture up on my phone of Barrick to show my mom and sure enough the second she saw it she started smiling and grabbing my phone. I love that they LOVE eachother!
He also went through a scarf phase. He insisted on wearing this scarf everywhere!! I just look at this picture and it makes me giggle.
Barrick is quite the planner. He had been talking all week about having a sleepover with all of the kids. He had games planned, treats, and an episode of each of their favorite shows ready to go on Netflix. He wasn't very happy when we told him Briony still needed to sleep in her bed, but they still had a fun night!
This last week they had a preschool field trip where they went and visited the kindergarten classes. He had so much fun and came home so excited for next year. He also LOVES reading!! It is so fun to see him learn, and he is a really good little reader!
This is Barricks version of Monopoly. It is very intense, full of busting down buildings, earning points for being patient, money for being smart, and in the end using the money to buy books at his bookstore. Like I said he has the biggest imagination and brilliant little mind.
I found this picture on Scottys phone. This was last week when Barrick was sick he just wanted to be snuggled. He slept on the heater almost everyday, and this day he insisted I stay with him. We got to enjoy a little nap together:)
One day he came to me and told me he wanted breakfast in bed. He was very specific about the flowers tray and show to watch. I adore this cute little thing.
Some of you may notice those tacky fake flowers. They are on display in my kitchen and I am sure have made people take a second look and a question as to why I have them out. The reason why I proudly display these is because while shopping for his own birthday gift the only thing he wanted was these flowers for me. Such a sweet little boy who brings so much joy to everyone around him, and I am lucky he is mine!
1 comment:
You are the best mom ever! I sure love to keep up on your adorable family. Thanks for this post - it made my day. Kids are the best. Love ya.
Post a Comment