Thursday, October 25, 2012

30 and sick,sick sick!!!

 
30 yes the big 3-0.  I am now thirty, but for some reason it doesn't seem as terrible or significant and people make it out to be.  I honestly didn't think twice about it. 
 
It started out with me feeling a little under the weather then as the day progressed it got worse and worse!!  Honestly the last time I felt this sick I was hospitalized, but I knew Scotty had a date planned and nobody wants to be sick on their birthday so I did as much as I could to get through the day.  He didn't get home till bedtime so it was a long lonely day but thanks to a couple of friends they made my sick long day bearable! 
Scotty planned a fun filled night and unfortunately I barely made it through dinner with fever and chills.  It was a bad night but just the tip of the awfulness that unfolded. 
Strep throat
fever
chills
night sweats
sick baby
throwing up
and the worst couple of days ever!
Not to mention Scotty was on call the day after my birthday so I was all on my own.
I decided to take Barrick to school even though I could barely get off the couch because he had been looking forward to Fireman day at Preschool.  I then lost a hubcap on a major road and had to dodge through traffic to get it.   My kids were all screaming bloody murder thinking I was going to get hit by a car.
Then on Scottys post call day after working 30 hours he called telling me he had locked his keys in the car.  So without a spare, we tried without luck to get his car open and ended up calling a locksmith and 160$ later we got home just in time to pick Barrick up at school at 4 pm.
So two exhausted parents, sickness, no sleep, and kids who were tired of not having a parent to parent them, it was a bad couple of days!
On the plus side Barrick was AMAZING!!  I told him he needed to help me take care of the other kids, and that is what he did.  He got them food, played with Briony, got her a binky every time she cried, helped clean and was so good! 
 This is what I woke up to the morning of my birthday!  Don't you love that cute little face at the bottom:)  I sure do!
 Briony sleeping with her nasty cold!
The day I started feeling better I woke up and couldn't find Barrick.  He always comes in my room in the morning but this day I found him curled up on the furnace.  I asked him if he was okay, and he said "Mommy it is hard work helping you out, I just need a little rest!"
 
So here is to thirty!  Hopefully this was the first and only crappy birthday in my thirties!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little stud you have. What a sweetie to take such good care of you and the kids. I love that part of these kids growing up. Hope you're back to feeling better soon! If we could ever get Kellen and Scotty to have a weekend (or holiday of some kind) off around the same time, we'd love to see you guys! We really are only about 3 hours from you guys now! :D

Rob and Bri said...

Oh Aleese, I'm so sorry. That is definitely a crappy birthday. I feel so bad it kept getting worse after I talked to you...for three days! Seriously no fun. I'm glad you have little Barrick to help you out (and I'm really glad you didn't get hit by a car in front of your children). Love you lots and hope you're all feeling better now.