Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sickness, 30, and 26 weeks!

As I said in our last post we have had one sickness after another!!  From fevers, colds, stomach bugs, and pink eye.  Man oh man has it been fun!!  On top of it Scotty's schedule has been horrible!  The worst it has been so far this year.  The kids went 4 days without seeing him because he left before they got up and came home after they were asleep!  So it has not been fun!

On the bright side,  Liam has had to do so many breathing treatments  he gave up the fight and will now sit and hold it without any fuss!!


We have been stuck to the house which honestly to me started to feel more like a prison!!  
I am not going to lie, day after day with no adult interaction, feeling sick, and being pregnant made for one crazy mom!  I think I called and cried to my mom almost everyday for a week.
  So we became very creative with our activities.  Here is Liam with his cool  hat and book bag.  He wore this ALL day long.

Of course with sickness we got to live in pajamas for a couple of weeks.  Which if you know me there is nothing better then a t-shirt and comfy pants!!

We had lots of picnics in the living room with a fun movie and treats after.


Then on the rare occasion daddy was home we spent the night dancing, playing tackle, lighthouse, steamroller, bubbles, hide and seek, basically any fun game we could come up with.

The bubbles are always a hit!!  The only down side is the mopping afterwards.

 

Then miraculously the kids have been better this week!!  (knock on wood)   Just in time for Daddy's birthday!! 
Man are we lucky to have this special guy!  He is the best daddy and husband ever.  Seriously I do not know how I got so lucky to call him mine:) 
Yes you might wonder what birthday this is and yes it is the big 30!!
Seriously are we this old?  It was such a fun day!!  We spent the morning decorating, making cake, getting his presents ready and planning the night.
For some strange reason we were lucky enough that his schedule fell perfectly for some birthday celebration!!  He was able to be home by 4 pm so we got to spend a lot of time playing and having fun!!


Gma Nelson sent a package for daddy's birthday and in it was a special valentines surprise for the kiddos also, and as you can see Lilly was a happy little girl!!
Here is Barrick and daddy after he opened all his presents!
Then we set off for an evening out to dinner.  You need to know when we take our kids out it is quit the gamble, it could end in complete and utter failure with us getting our dinners to go five minutes after the food is brought or they are as good as gold and it is a pleasant evening.  Well lucky for daddy it was the latter:)  They were amazing and we had so much fun!!  Not to mention yummy food.  (Texas Roadhouse need I say more)
Then we came home and had cake:) (Well I guess the kids and I had cake)  Scotty is not the biggest cake fan so we never do anything extravagant but I insist on him blowing out candles. 
Don't worry I went and picked up his favorite Dove ice cream bars to eat for dessert.
Here is daddy with the kids blowing out the candles.
Of course one with Scotty and I.
All three kids as happy as can be licking candles and eating cake. 
Both Lilly and Liam decided they wanted to eat their cake with candles.  Silly kids!!

And last I have had people ask about a pregnant picture so here you go.  I have to say I probably would have gone my entire pregnancy without even thinking about getting a picture if people had not asked. 
We are so excited for this little baby girl to join the family.  Scotty is a little nervous about another girl because our little Lilly has him wrapped around her finger and I don't think he knows what he is going to do with two girls.
 Overall the pregnancy is going great!!  I am just about 26 weeks and feeling pretty good.  The twins for sure took a toll on my body and I am feeling it this time around but I can't complain because I am healthy and the baby is healthy!!  It is crazy to think that just a couple of months from now we will have another little baby, but we couldn't be more excited about it!!  

4 comments:

The Shaws said...

You look fantastic!! I'm so happy everyone is feeling better.

Thiago & Teri said...

Looking pretty cute there friend, nothing but a belly!!!

Nicole said...

You're so dang cute!! LOVE that baby girl! Lily's hair looks so cute! Miss ya like crazy!

lulu said...

I haven't checked up on your family in a while. Congrats on the miracle baby and hugs with all the sick kids. Blah! You're a wonderful woman. Keep up the good work.