Yes I am alive! I think this has been the longest amount of time I haven't blogged, and once you get a little behind you are in for trouble. Yes like all of you fall came at our house with it bringing a lot of fun changes.
First off this little boy started preschool and he has loved it!
Here was their first field trip to the police station.
We also got some fun visitors!! Gma and Gpa Nelson came and we went to eat, played, they caught me up on all of my projects, we went to the Air Force museum and they even got to watch Barrick at his very first Primary program! It was an amazing week and so hard to see them leave.
| Yes fall came and this view from our deck was amazing to look at every single day! |
We had our friends come and go with us which made it even more fun for the kids. It was a great holiday full of parties, fun and candy! Yes the below picture was the only time we got the dragon head on Liam and it lasted about 2 minutes. Silly boy!
If you haven't noticed the title of the post is miracles and that is because Scotty and I for some reason became the recipients of one. As most of you know due to a rare condition Scotty and I were told we would never have kids the natural way. So to get our three little crazies we have always done a specialized form of IVF called ICSI. Well a couple months back (when the posts came to an abrupt stop) I wasn't feeling well and told Scotty that something was wrong with me. I told him I felt pregnant but knew that is was impossible so we were both kind of worried. Well I kept having this nagging feeling that I just needed to take a pregnancy test and told Scotty and he of course laughed. Later he then followed up with, "that is the first thing your doctor will do anyways so we might as well rule it out." The reason why I kept thinking this was Barrick had been nagging me for about a month that there was a baby in my belly. He seriously wouldn't drop it! I kept telling him we wouldn't have another baby until he was in school. He wouldn't have any of it and kept telling me mommy there is a baby in your belly.
Well we then took and pregnancy test and when that big clear as day positive stared back at me I about died!! Scotty reacted in the same fashion and then told me that he wouldn't believe it till I had a a positive blood test. To say we were shocked would be an understatement!! I won't lie, I felt very nervous!!! There were days where I felt like I could barely handle my three little ones and to add a baby to the mix scared me. I then felt an overwhelming calm and peace because this little one growing inside of me was a true gift, a miracle. Why we are lucky enough to receive this is beyond me. It is funny to look back five years ago and Scotty and I wondered if we would ever have any kids and felt that if we were lucky enough to have even one, we would be happy. We now laugh that it took four years of trying then in the last four years we will have had four kids:) Yes, that little Barrick of mine is much more in tune the spirit then I am, he knew without a doubt! The funny thing is once I we took the positive pregnancy test he rarely talks about it.
Well I am now 16 weeks and the baby is doing great! It has been a really rough pregnancy but I HATE being one of those women who complain so I will just say it has been hard!! That is why I haven't been posting at all. I consider it a good day if my kids are fed and well... yeah that is about it. I am just grateful that this little baby is doing good which they say looks like a Girl!
(I won't believe it until I have my 20 week scan but comparing this pregnancy to Barricks I would say it is a girl too)
We call this her praying picture.
Sweet baby profile.
So when you think that miracles don't happen here is a little proof:)


19 comments:
Oh make me cry, I love a good miracle story and this one is so special.
Aleese I remember thinking when you were pregnant with your twins how special of a mother you must be that you were sent two in one package. And now this little surprise I think our father in heaven is bound and determined to get you your babies no matter the way. You have four sweet miracles there, thanks for making my day with this news. It's wonderful congratulations!
I wanted to post on your last post and just say that my heart goes out to you and Scotty and the rest of the Stewart Family. It really was such a unexpected situation, which I'm sure made it that much more difficult. I also wanted to tell you again how touched I was by yours and Scotty's musical number. I will never listen to that song the same again. Thank you for bringing such a strong spirit into the room.
Also, CONGRATULATIONS! When Colby and Shauni told us about your pregnancy, I about died! I knew about the infertility and I think my exact words to Shauni was "what an amazing miracle". I'm so happy for you guys. If anyone can handle 4 little kids, it's you. Best of luck with everything, hope you start feeling better soon.
Wow..I missed alot on your blog. First off, I am so sorry about your father in law. I can't imagine. Sounds like it was completely unexpected, I hope you are all getting the closure that you need. Like you said, you know where he is and you know you will be with him again. Still so hard to be seperated right now. My prayers are with you.
Second...CONGRATS. You just seem like one of those people that was born to be a mom. I can just tell through your words and the constant smiles on your kids' faces that that you are an amazing mother. How absolutely wonderful to be adding another little one...and to have it happen that way it did is truly miraculous. Congrats, congrats...that is wonderful!
How amazing. I am so happy for you and Scott to have this huge miracle come to you. Have faith, you will have the fourth and take it all in stride. Congratulations!!!
I'm so excited for you! It will get easier. And you are a great mom- and being fed is good and during my first trimesters sometimes it is a miracle if anyone gets fed :)
I need to play catch-up on my blog too :)
I knew it was a girl!!! Lily needs a sister to play with for sure. Hope your days are looking up. Miss you like crazy!!
I can't even find the words to tell you how excited I am for you guys. You are amazing parents and this little baby is so lucky to be a part of your family. We miss you guys and love you sooo much!
I remember that feeling of shock so well--I honestly, in that moment, felt like there should have been a sitcom "gasp track" playing in the background. LOL. Now the fun is in seeing if God is going to continue the miracles. Like I told you, we were told that our problem was still there and that Wyatt was a miracle that would never be repeated. Four more miracles later...
Congratulations, again. I truly understand what an amazing blessing this is.
I heard about your miracle through the grapevine and was just waiting for the official announcement. I am so, so happy for your family. This really made my day!
So awesome!!
this is so exciting! i was so happy when jenny told me and then to look for myself and read your words was just awesome. congratulations aleese! you are seriously the best mom ever and the most deserving for a miracle.
Hehehe I found your blog. :O)
Congrats!!!
Aleese that is so wonderful! I am very happy for you! I think Heavenly Father knows exactley who he wants raising his children and you and Scott do an amazing job!! I hope you start feeling better soon!
Cute profile picture. What an amazing story! Good luck with the sickness.
WOW!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Scotty. I know that Heavenly Father's timing is perfect and to send such a miracle to you, I'm sure he knows that you will do a great job with your four little ones!
Also, I was so sad to hear about Scotty's dad... I remember that he had just this contagious smile. Hope you get feeling better soon!
Sooo happy for you!!! Makes me have hope that good things happen to good people still, yipee!!! 4 kids is the best! Granted mine were spaced over 7 years but still I am sure you will love it!!!
You have truly been blessed with a miracle! We are SO thrilled for you. This new addition will be so blessed, just as the other three cuties, to have such wonderful parents! You're amazing! We love you!
can I just say I had the chills reading your post the whole time!!! Whata miracle is right!! Im so happy for you guys!! you are an amazing person and I know you will be able to handle anything!
I also am so sorry about Scotts dad!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment