It was a very LONG day but come 8 o'clock Saturday night Scotty called and told me to bring him in. (Scotty was working a night shift) Yet again it was aunt Valene to the rescue. I called and she was over in about ten minutes and was welcomed with Liam throwing up all over her! I put the other kids down and we were off to the hospital.
We got into the ER and of course rushed back and started steroids and breathing treatments and told we needed to at least stay the night. They were nice enough to put us in the room across the hall from the residents office so Scotty could peek in when he had sometime. It was a long night with breathing treatments every two hours and nurses checking his vitals and oxygen levels but we survived:)
Scotty headed home the next morning and Liam and I ran around the hospital the entire day!!! If you haven't been around kids when they are on steroids for asthma issues they are CRAZY!! The energy is limitless! So all day Sunday we played in the play area, walked the halls and bounced on the bed in his room all day!!
Our friend Leisy was nice enough to take Barrick once Lilly went down for a nap so Scotty was able to sleep for a little bit and kept him until after dinner. We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family who just step in and help when we are in need. We have really been so blessed!
Of course playing in the playroom. He rode this bike everywhere! He was such a trooper and such a good boy!!
It is at times like these that I feel so blessed to have healthy children. Their are some kids who Scotty works with who have been in the hospital for over two years and others who have been in and out their entire lives. I am so grateful to have healthy children and even more grateful for men and women like Scotty who work for years to be able to help these sweet little ones in our lives live happy healthy lives!!
3 comments:
Oh Aleese!!!! I am so so so sorry! That is awful! Poor Liam Boy :( I know how hard that is. I hope his little lungs can get stronger soon so you don't have to keep repeating those visits. We're thinking of you and Liam :)
Aw man that is no fun at all! We had issues with Dalton last year and Dalton had 'roid rage! He was a mean little thing. I am thankful too that Dalton is a healthy child.
Oh dear!! im so sorry! poor little guy! doesnt just break your heart when these little ones struggle! its just so sad!! thinking of you guys!
Post a Comment