Liam has been able to climb out of his crib for months, but after a fall a couple months ago he hasn't attempted for a while. Well, Liam decided about two weeks ago that he was tired of being in his crib and all at once the stripping/peeing/pooing/climbing out of his crib phase hit in full force. We of course tried everything (how kids get a diaper off with clothes still on is a mystery to me) and after days of him peeing through all of our sheets, climbing in to Lilly's crib and taking her clothes off, the time had finally come.
Yes I did it, I moved Liam into Barricks room and into a big boy bed:( Seriously one of the hardest things for me. I hated the fact that I was separating the babies. They have always been together and they LOVE being in the same room. They loved to play and laugh and bedtime was easy. I think Lilly has cried maybe 3 times EVER when we lay her down for bed, and she was hysterical!!! It was a "I am scared cry" and it broke my heart! It had to happen though, (FYI when your kids climb out of their cribs it is time for a big bed no matter how young. One negative thing about Scotty being a pediatrician they see, hear, and learn from other doctors all of terrible things that can happen, and believe me a lot of horrible things have happened with kids climbing out of cribs.)
We decided that sooner or later they would have to be in separate rooms and why not do it now. Yes Liam didn't fall asleep untill 10:30, Barrick was amazing and kept telling Liam to get in bed and he fell asleep like normal, and Lilly cried for about 20 minutes but I would say overall it was a successful night!
1 comment:
You are so cute, decorating a little girls room will be so much fun!
I am glad to know I have been doing it right. It just always made sense to me once kids climb out time to make the switch. But I never really thought of all the bad that could happen in the process of climbing out. Let's just hope Katelynn doesn't learn that trick for awhile, I can't handle the thought of her moving to a bed. It would be a nightmare!
Post a Comment