Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Barrick Boy!!

I would have to say this little boy is a one of a kind! Like my mom always tells me he is the product of his father and for those of you who know Scotty well, he is also one of a kind but lucky for me my favorite kind:)

One night while getting the kids ready for bed Barrick and Liam disappeared and we started to smell something minty. Barrick is notorious for eating toothpaste so we knew it had to do with the toothpaste. We found Barrick and Liam huddled in the corner behind Lilly's bed and found this all over the floor, we punished and put Barrick on time out and Liam ran off...

We then found Liam playing in the bathroom cupboard and he is not supposed to play in there so he tried to run off...
When he turned around this is what we found. We were too busy punishing Barrick that Liam went under the radar. He and Barrick thought it was pretty funny, so did we but of course we couldn't tell them that.
If you haven't gathered from all of the pictures Barrick LOVES pajamas!! He is getting better at staying in his clothes but for a while he would change all day from one pair to another.

These were two separate occasions where I found him outside. At least in the snow picture he decided to put Daddy's work boots on. In the bottom one he was being a monster and scaring me and the babies.

Like we said in our Christmas card, Barrick looks at life like a Diego adventure there is always something exciting just around the corner.

Tonight for example, out of no where he came down with his "rope" and "climbing shoes" and told me was going to climb the "steep, steep wall and get all the treats in the kitchen." (He didn't like what I was making for dinner). The funny thing is he has been able to climb on the counters for about a year now but he wanted to make it a little more fun!


He finally gave up on the rope. :)
Barrick and his Boogies!! Where do I begin? Well the original is the small one and after losing him at church one week Barrick was devastated, Boogie was no ordinary stuffed animal he never left Barrick's side so when he was lost we got on amazon and found a replacement asap. Lucky us we found the same tiger but they only had the bigger size so while waiting for "Boogie" to come in the mail I was showing him pictures everyday so he got used to the idea of a bigger boogie.

Well the day he was to arrive I was so excited when I got that knock on the door and was horrified when I opened the box and there was a little cheetah. So I immediately went to amazon to check if they got the order wrong and no that was no the case; Barrick had been clicking on all the pictures and ended up buying this cheetah. Yes Barrick is just as computer savvy as I am. So the moral of the story don't let your three year old navigate around amazon account.

As you can see this Boogie is very loved. Here is Boogie with his blanket, snack and his toy.
A day back in December Barrick was playing while I was cooking and I could hear him opening our back door and yelling "here birdie birdie" "come and too too" I was half paying attention but started to get frustrated. First it was December and freezing, and second I have two babies who b line it to the door the second it is opened.
Well I of course got angry and Barrick fell apart and he just kept yelling "too too" I had no idea what he was talking about and I went on my usual talks about wild animals and how they have to stay outside. He would not stop crying and saying "too too". He finally calmed down and pulled me over to the clock and said "Mommy it is too cold and the birdie doesn't have a home so he needs to come live in our too too clock" Yes it finally clicked and this sweet little boy was worried about the bird. Earlier in the week I had talked to him about how the birds can't live in the cold so they go where it is warm. He is such a sweet little boy and just wanted the birdie to come live in our clock.
For a long time Barrick has been asking for a pet and we told him he could have a fish so this last Saturday Scotty took him to pick out a fish. Barrick and Daddy spent sometime looking and of course Barrick chose a tiger fish and surprise surprise name him Boogie.
They came home and got the tank all set up fed the fish and Barrick was in love! Later he then decided to name him Ponyo.
Well Scotty left town Sunday, and when we went to feed Ponyo he would not eat. Of course this would happen when Scotty wasn't home well at this point I was just waiting for the fish to die because he wouldn't eat. Sure enough yesterday afternoon we found little Ponyo belly up. Barrick ran down after quiet time to say hello and kept saying "swim Ponyo!!" He then sensed something was wrong and started crying. He then blamed the rocks and said "the rocks are too heavy let me shake the bowl." At this point my heart was breaking. I sat him down and gave him a talk about how Ponyo died, and Barrick would not have it. He kept crying and saying anything and everything that we could do to make Ponyo better. Then after crying for a while and telling him we would get another fish I thought he was okay, then he started crying and said "Mommy Jesus can make Ponyo better." He is so right, we had a good talk and Barrick finally calmed down. He has such a tender little heart and it was nice to know as a parent that he is listening during FHE and primary. He is now excited to go choose another fish when daddy comes home.

We are so lucky to have this sweet boy in our family!! He brings so much love into our home! We love you buddy!!

7 comments:

chunkymonkey said...

I am laughing and crying as I read this. What a sweet, fun little boy!

Emily Hayes Photography- Washington DC Wedding and Portrait Photography said...

The fish died already??! So sad :-(

Diana Caffee said...

Aleese I love that you said you were giving him your "Usual" talk about how wild animals have to stay outside! Hahahaha.

I'm sorry his fishy died, that's so sad. But I sure love that boy, he cracks me up!

Eric and Jenny said...

What a cute boy, all of these little stories are so sweet and make me wish I knew the little guy in person.

Sorry about the fish.....

Jamie said...

that was hilarious!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh the toothpaste...I would have died. Carson got some toothpaste at the dentist one time and left it in the car, Lincoln got a hold of it and same story...such a mess.

Barrick is so cute, you can just tell how full of life he is. He has the best little smile!!!

hoLLY said...

oh man what a cute little guy!!!