Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Fun!

Yes like the rest of you we had many fun and exciting Halloween parties. It was full of
games,
very cute costumes,
yummy food,
friends,
and of course lots and lots of candy!

Barrick really loved Halloween this year because he could really understand it. A day didn't go by where he asked to watch Halloween Mickey, Halloween Diego, Halloween Dora, you get the idea. He has also used his magic to turn me into a pumpkin, a black cat, a white cat, he loves to use his "Hocus Pocus magic." We enjoyed Halloween and we hope all you did too.

Here we are the ward Trunk or Treat.

Liam was obviously to busy watching the trick or treaters. Yes I know I am wearing the same thing as our last post, but it is a Saturday which means it is game day and we have to show our support for our team! GO UTES!!


This was the one and only picture barrick took and he insisted I put it on.
Our cute little lions in the back of the van.
Barrick, Lucy and Bella.
By this time of night he was tired and cold and just wanted to be held.
Here we are with the Bahrs, their little guy Jackson turned one that day.
Me and the kids with our friends Mia and Adele.
Our little Lions hanging out.

Barrick showing off his cool costume, he refused to wear the mask.

We also went to Scottys annual Halloween party at his school. We spent the first 40 minutes outside because a fire alarm went off but it was such a fun afternoon and the kids had so much fun!
On a side note, you can tell who the babies wanted that day. I was holding the camera and Scotty was sitting off to the side.

Barrick was more concerned about the babies.
Lilly why we were trick or treating.
Barrick super happy with a cupcake all over his face.
A picture of the babies.
Barrick trick or treating.
Last, out little Liam trick or treating. As you can tell he was very tired! We had such a wonderful weekend!

In other news, Barrick had his yearly ophthalmology appointment, and other then his blue eye turning green things are still the same. Because Heterochromia is so rare his Doctor is doing a case study and presentation on Barrick and he wanted updated pictures so these are Barricks eyes at almost 3 years old.
Pretty cool right?
He is now realizing his eyes are different and he loves it. He loves telling people that he has one green eye and one brown eye. He is so much fun!

More importantly Barrick is now officially potty trained. He could have been about six months ago, but I didn't have the time or energy to do it, but we are so proud of him! Good job Barrick!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute Aleese, looks like you guys had a fun Halloween!

And I didn't realize how rare it is to have two different colored eyes...I still remember talking to you on the phone when Barrick was just 6 weeks old or so & you asking if any of my babies eyes turned their normal eye color one eye at a time. You told me then his eye's looked two different colors...who would of thought they actually would turn out that way...Love that kid & love those eyes!!

Thanks for the update Leesy..and glad to know the kids are feeling better! Yeah for them..And you!
Love & miss you!!

Thiago & Teri said...

They all look so adorable...cute Barrick, and the little lion cubs. I love it. I had forgotten that Barrick's eyes were different, very cool!!

Eric and Jenny said...

I didn't know that about Barrick's eyes that is really cool! The babies look darling, I love their costumes. And congrats on the potty training, I would not have attempted that 6 monts ago either if I were you with two new babies, yikes!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Cute costumes! And yay for potty training! That's one less kid to buy diapers for!

Jen said...

I just love their Halloween costumes - so cute!

So, I know your friend Adele. She and I went to elementary school together and were best friends. She is such a sweet girl. I'm glad you two are friends! Tell her hi from me.

Larry and Nanette Nelson said...

I wish we could have been there! The kids looked so cute. The babies seem to be developing their own little personalities. I really notice Lily's Long fingers.
We love you guys!!!

The Martin's said...

Your kids are soo cute! And I love Barrick's eyes! Alan and I noticed them first thing! Sooo cool! Nice job on the potty training!

amanda said...

aleese,

your kids are so cute!! i love lily's bow on her lion costume. hope all is well!

amanda

Nick and Stacey said...

What cute kids! Those little babies are getting way to big! I cannot believe it, time really does fly! Looks like a fun Halloween!
That Barrick is handsome...seriously what a cute little guy...what little kid wouldnt think it was awesome to have the two different colored eyes!