What has been going on with us? A LOT!! I decided we would start with the bad stuff and get it over with.
A couple of weeks ago Barrick woke up one morning totally fine acting like his usual normal self, then by nap time he was running a fever around 100 so I gave him Tylenol and put him down for a nap. Three hours later he woke up and was burning up. I took his temp. and he was at 104. I started the usual alternating Tylenol and Motrin to break his fever and it wasn't breaking. Finally around midnight it broke and he fell asleep then a couple hours later he started screaming like I have NEVER heard before. It is the kind where it feels like your heart stops because you know something is really wrong. I ran in his room and he was shaking and he eyes were rolling around and darting all over the room. I screamed for Scotty and he came in and Barrick did it for a couple of min. Scotty told me he was probably having a Febrile Seizure and I heard the word Seizure and of course freaked!!! Scotty said we needed to take him to the ER just in case, so off they went.
Come to find out that is what Barrick had and it happens to children when they run a high fever. CRAZY RIGHT?? I was just so happy nothing was seriously wrong, but I that is the most scared I have ever been! I can handle broken bones or blood, but something where you don't know what is wrong, and the worry that it is something more serious was scary!!
So the couple of days after this is what we did all day. Watch movies and stay in our jammies all day.
A couple of weeks ago Barrick woke up one morning totally fine acting like his usual normal self, then by nap time he was running a fever around 100 so I gave him Tylenol and put him down for a nap. Three hours later he woke up and was burning up. I took his temp. and he was at 104. I started the usual alternating Tylenol and Motrin to break his fever and it wasn't breaking. Finally around midnight it broke and he fell asleep then a couple hours later he started screaming like I have NEVER heard before. It is the kind where it feels like your heart stops because you know something is really wrong. I ran in his room and he was shaking and he eyes were rolling around and darting all over the room. I screamed for Scotty and he came in and Barrick did it for a couple of min. Scotty told me he was probably having a Febrile Seizure and I heard the word Seizure and of course freaked!!! Scotty said we needed to take him to the ER just in case, so off they went.
Come to find out that is what Barrick had and it happens to children when they run a high fever. CRAZY RIGHT?? I was just so happy nothing was seriously wrong, but I that is the most scared I have ever been! I can handle broken bones or blood, but something where you don't know what is wrong, and the worry that it is something more serious was scary!!
Fun facts
Lilly
-Very social she LOVES attention and when people talk to her.
-She falls asleep SO WELL! You just have to give her a binky and blanket and she is out!
-Daddy is still her favorite person!
-She talks all the time, but it sounds like she is growling at you. (Maybe she got that from Barrick).
-She is reaching for toys and playing with them.
-She enjoys rice cereal much more than Liam.
-She is much more olive complected than the boys. She looks like she already has a tan.
-She is much closer to sitting than Liam.
-She still has NO hair! Good thing she can wear a bow.
-When daddy walks in the room she won't look at anything other than him.
-She is much less tolerant of Barrick picking on her. (I don't blame her)
Liam
-Rolling from his back to his tummy now.
-Still so laid back.
-Screams his head off when we lay him down to nap.
-Hence why he has to cry himself to sleep.
-LOVES TV, When he is upset put him in front of the TV and he is a happy camper.
-Loves eating his hands and Lilly's too!
-Has a hard time falling asleep when out and about.
-Gets sat on at least once a day by Barrick.
-Has clammy little hands and feet.
-Loves mornings! He will just sit and talk in bed happily for a while.
-Has a huge mouth!! When he smiles it looks like he is going to eat you!
10 comments:
Oh, I just love them! They are so cute and fun. Thanks for taking care of Lulu the other night, Ben said she just wanted you the whole time anyway. I'm glad she loves you so much :)
Oh my goodness...those seizures are so scary. My little nephew had one a couple of years ago, I was there at it was the most horrible thing to see. Must have been just awful for you all.
I am laughing at the whole shaving thing, I can't even tell you all of the odd things carson has picked up from me, and Thiago gets so bugged. What do they expect though, they are with us all the time.
I hate when kids are sick and there isn't anything to do. I cannot believe the twins are 5 months old already, that went by so fast for me. Your kids are so cute.
the twins are getting so big! Your little family is just too cute. I'm sorry you had such a scary experience, but very glad everything is ok... love you!
I love love love that pic of scott and Barrick cheesing it by the hoop! what an adorable family you have, your babies are getting so big!
That is soooo scary! I don't know what I would have done. Your little babies are just sooo cute! Anna had to cry herself to sleep for a while too, but not anymore :)
We love basketball hoops at our house too! Sorry about the seizure. Five months! The twins are sooo adorable--and you sound so together! I am amazed! One baby is beating me.
I feel so bad. The other day when you said Barrick had been sick I didn't realize it was that bad. That sounds really scary. Good thing you have Scotty around. Your babies are getting so big I just love being around them. Don't worry shower time feels like family time at our house too. You just can't keep them out.
Oh my goodness I am glad to hear everything is okay! I agree with you, it is the worst when you dont know what is wrong, so you dont know what to do! I wont judge you on the open shower thing, sometimes it is just easier, everytime I go to get in the shower, there is always someone wanting to join! I think its part of life! Cannot believe those little babies are 5 months...they get cuter and cuter!
you have the cutest kids!! I hope you are enjoying the three! I bet you have your hands full, but you look great!
Post a Comment