As you can see we have one little boy who cannot get enough of football, baseball, basketball basically anything that has to do with a ball. He owns every single kind of ball and feels as though he can't go anywhere without these precious belongings.
After getting some U of U apparel from gma and gpa and a matching Redskins Jersey with daddy this is all he wants to wear. Before Scotty left they started a tradition of wearing their Utah Jerseys on Saturday and Redskins on Sunday. I promised Scotty we would carry this tradition on with him being gone the last month and a half. Not only did this tradition include the clothes but Barrick and Scotty would scream POW and run and give each other a chest bump. So as you can imagine Barrick never forgets this and every Saturday and Sunday he yells DADA then POW and runs with all his might to give mama a chest bump. Let me tell you it is a sight, if you can imagine it gets quite interesting with my huge belly and a very active little boy sprinting towards me screaming POW!!!! And of course I LOVE it!!!
And of course his Redskins Jersey. He is saying cheese in this picture. His hasn't quite got the idea that you smile when you say cheese.
Since he loves balls he always wants to wear the clothes that have balls on them. Here is where the story starts- So a couple of weeks ago I thought we were finally in the clear with the transition into the big boy bed. Then for about two weeks he decided that he had better things to do then take a nap. It was a battle everyday!! I don't have toys out for him to play with during nap time so there was nothing to do yet he would never fall asleep. Obviously after a couple of days he got bored and I would hear him get into his dresser and pull out clothes looking for ball apparel. He did this for a while then one day I heard a huge crash and crying...
Here is where I sprinted up my stairs as huge as a cow, scared to see what I would find, and sure enough he had knocked the dresser over, and not only that but he was naked and POO was smeared all over his room!!! He immediately stopped crying and grabbed his ball shirt and wanted me to put it on him!! I about died!!! I didn't know how to react, I was scared because his dresser fell over, I was mad because he smeared poo all over his room, and yet wanted to laugh because all he wanted was to wear a ball shirt!! Well we solved the dresser problem and moved it in his closet which he can't open, and he was fine for a couple of days then sure enough three days later another strip and POO day!!!! Wow is he something else. So Barrick now wears footed pajamas to nap in (he can't take those off) and he is finally back to napping and all of this for a simple ball shirt!!
15 comments:
I think it's safe to say you should invest in a video baby monitor, my friend. :) Not a necessity, but it's sort of like a cell phone, in that once you have one it becomes a necessity and you can't imagine life without it. Summer is a good brand and you can find them online (Amazon usually is cheapest). It's saved us a lot of naps and a lot of wondering what that noise was, and has given me a lot of peace of mind. Christmas is coming up...:)
Oh my heck...that is hilarious. Probably not to you, but makes me smile. What a kid!
I am laughing so hard! I can only imagine all of the emotions and being prego to bat! Poor Mommy! What a funny little boy!
Oh wow! So cute that he loves balls so much - isn't it so funny that they are almost hard-wired to love "boy stuff?"
And the poo! Oh no! Sometimes Caelan naps with just a diaper on and I think to myself - this is not a good idea. Especially since he almost always has a dirty diaper after a nap. :-)
That is really funny!
Luke one time did the same thing with his diaper I just wanted to die while cleaning it up he had it everywhere the blinds, toys, bed it was awful, so I feel for you. The things kids come up with!
Thank Goodness for Footed jammies for that Barrick Boy :) I still shiver a little when I think about how you cleaned that up..and pregnant no less.
PS You are NOT a cow!!
Oh goodness I am so sorry! It never ceases to amaze me what kids come up with. I am happy for you that your dad is in town and Scotty will be home soon! You deserve a break! Or at least a nap without the stress of wondering what your child is in to!
This reminds me of Cici...did I ever tell you that we got to the point where we had to cut the foot part off and zip them up the back. NASTY!
Oh my heck, I didn't know it happened a second time!!
Once Khloe learned to get off the Pj's that I thought she wouldn't be able to master, (Which I have no doubt that Barrick will soon arrive at with his foot Pj's) I would wrap a piece of duck tape (Is that how you say it? don't laugh)around the top of her diper, so she couldn't take it off and do the same thing as Barrick. It was kind of a pain, but cleaning up all the other crap painted all over the room, is by far worse!
I loved Barricks cheese smile, that is precious!!
Yeah, 3 days until Scotty get's home! Then you don't have to worry about doing those chest bangs with Barrick, I'm so exicted for you!
what a little cutie!!!
OH no! I'm so sorry about the POO (and even more sorry that Scotty isn't there to help you clean it up). Barrick is such a funny little boy. Footy jammies are a great idea! I love that he remembers POW, what a cutie.
I was laughing so hard reading this! I wish I could have seen your face (or better yet, seen you running up the stairs!) It sounds like you have your hands full with this little sports-lover!
Oh my goodness, that is too funny, now I guess I would be feeling the same as you I think! Mitchell still has yet to get a great smile by saying Cheese...they always turn out funny! He is getting so big, seriously how cute is he! All BOY!
That's awful!!!
Barrick is so big!! I can't wait to see those babies!
Post a Comment