Last weekend Barrick and I were lucky enough to go to the zoo with Nicole, Devin and Jonas. We were very excited and had so much fun! Being home without daddy has made for some long days, so THANK YOU so much for the invite we had a great time!
I have Barrick tell me everyday all of the people he loves and Devin is now on the list.
Thank you again for basically adopting us into your family. The meals, babysitting, walks, dinners, everything has made this time go by so much faster. We really could not have done this without you!!
Just some updates:
Scotty- He is doing his inpatiant internal medicine rotation and is starting to like it after a couple of weeks. He is on call every fourth night and works everyday all day so his schedule has been a little crazy. He hasn't loved this rotation but is excited to do outpatient here in DC where he can see a lot of the specialties he is interested in like Gastroenterology, Cardiology, and a few others. He is very busy and only getting busier. Right before he left he received a third calling in church to serve in the YM presidency. Honestly I don't know how he stays sane with everything he has on his plate. Barrick and I just miss him so much and can't wait for him to come home.
Me- I am doing great getting spoiled with all the Barrick love all to myself. I am also getting bigger and bigger! I am now 23 weeks and the babies are doing amazing! It is amazing to be pregnant with two and to feel movement only on one side of your stomach. They already have there little schedules of when they are awake. Her most active time is at about six in the morning, and his is at eleven at night. I am also very busy with Dr. appt. I am going in every two weeks between my regular ob and the paranatologist. I was also just released from the YW presidency so it has been nice to go to Relief Society. In the six years we have been married I think I have only gone a total of maybe three months.
Barrick- He is as cute and active as you can imagine. His daddy is Scotty need I say more! He is growing so fast! He is now in a big boy bed and has now officially fallen asleep in his bed for about four nights in a row!! He is staring to talk and loves anything to do with a ball. His first word in the morning is ball we spend hours shooting balls in his basketball hoop, playing catch, throwing them down the stairs and playing t ball. He has also been living at the doctors office like me. He is still very skinny and because of that we have had to go to many appts. He also has a hernia. Which he is having surgery in November to get it repaired. He is healthy and happy just skinny but they have to rule everything out for his safety. We just love this little guy he makes life so fun!!
9 comments:
That is so cute how Barrick is playing with his bear. He's getting ready to be a big bro to your twins!
We love having you guys so close! Barrick is so cute and is teaching Jonas how to share and be brave. You're always welcome for dinner, the Zoo, and any other adventure we take....whether Scotty is home or not!
It is great to be "adopted" isn't it?
I love that Barrick shares his snacks and takes care of Teddy and that he talks on the phone. My boys love to have old cell phones to call Dad and aunts and grandparents and cousins.
I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Barrick is getting so big. I can't wait to see those little babies. It looks like Barrick will be a big help:)
so fun! wow you guys are so busy! how exciting!!!
What a busy woman you are! I can't believe Barrick is in a big boy bed, that is amazing. It's so nice that you have friends to rely on out there - that makes a big difference. I wish you the best and hope Barricks surgery goes well in November. Keep us updated :)
I've been out of the loop for awhile-congrats! You look great. How exciting to be having two little ones.
Wow Aleese, you guys are amazing. Seriously, I don't think I could do it; it's so hard for you and Scotty, and little Barrick, too, I'm sure. LeRand is supposed to go to Panama in a few months for 3 weeks and I'm already thinking about making up my will in case I don't make it out alive while he's gone :)
So, are you guys in DC for awhile? Because we'll be in town next week (Tues-Thursday? Friday maybe?) and again the weekend of Nov 14th with my parents. Let me know if you want to play!
Post a Comment