Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Bears and 9 months!!

Well our little Barrick is now nine months old and wow how time flies! We just happened to plan a day to the zoo with a bunch of friends on the same day, so what a day to celebrate! All though before I get to the zoo I want to write a little about Barrick.


Top five things Barricks loves:

1-Mommy's hair (he treats it like it is his blanket)

2-Bath time!! I am amazed at how crazy he gets in the bath he always has energy but he is a different child in the bath and I love it!

3-When daddy comes home from school. By the end of the day he is ready to be with his dad, and there is nothing I love more then to watch them play together.

4-Outdoors. Every morning we go jogging is about the only time he will just sit and be content. He loves it outside whenever he is having a sad day, I just have to take him outside and he is suddenly okay.

5-Air vents. As silly as that may sound this is one of his favorites he plays on them all day long! He knows where they are in every single room he just loves to sit on them and feel the air blow him.

His not so favorite things.

1-Vacuum- Barrick is terrified of this every time I turn it on he crawls as fast as he can the other way. It is just the loud noise so once it has been going a while he is fine.

2-Being held for too long. Which makes church days very hard!

3-Getting dressed. He loves being naked once he is free of a diaper and clothes he leaves my sight as fast as possible! Like a bath he is out of control when he is naked so once those clothes go back on he is not a happy camper.

5-Teeth. I know all babies don't like this but it is pretty sad to see them in pain I just hate it!

Well as far as the zoo went things were GREAT! There were nine moms and eleven kids and it was such a fun day. We all rode the metro down and what a sight to see a huge caravan of mommies. That is definitely something you rarely see our here. The kids were great and it was nice for all of us to get out.

Here is Barrick watching the ostriches he loved these because they were close enough for him to see.Here is one of Barrick and I in front of the flamingos.

Here is most of us, minus me Diana and Jenni. Thanks for the fun day!

On a side note Barrick Finally took a bottle for the first time since he was two months old!! I was completely shocked I have tried at least once a week since he was born and he has refused!! So I could not believe it! Also he stood by himself yesterday. I was helping him stand then he just let go and stood for atleast 10-15 seconds. He did it a couple of times last night. WOW he is really growing up!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! He is so big! It goes by so quickly!! Its great to see all the fun things you guys do out there, we don't have the metro, but often do big mommy outings too. We ran into Scotty's sister at Macaroni Grill a couple weekends ago. Kellen thought that was pretty awesome. Hope all is well with you guys!!!

Brea Marie said...

DaKoda hates the vacuum and being held too! Church right now is near impossible because DaKoda just runs or cries the whole time. I almost feel like it's useless going because I don't get anything out of it. Barrick is just adorable!

karin said...

He is so cute. He would really like Disneyland (hint, hint- we love visitors).
I was lucky to be in Nursery when my 2 older boys got to the age that church was impossible. My oldest boy HATED the vacuum too and now they like to run around the vacuum (it makes it a little harder to vacuum but they love it).

Nick and Stacey said...

I cannot believe he is nine months. He is getting so big. The vacum thing is funny, Mitchell still is afraid of it, but Faye won't leave it alone. When I am vacuming she comes and sits right in front of it, and wont move. Anyways looks like you guys had a great time! How fun to ride the metro I bet all the kids loved it!

Eric and Jenny said...

Fun little things to learn about him, I always think it's funny how some kids hate vacuums, both my boys have been fascinated by them. That's so cute you went to the zoo with all your friends. I have only been on the metro once but I can imagine that would be quite the scene!

shauni said...

He is growing up so fast! It makes me so sad that we don't live closer so we can see him more often. I'm so glad you guys have made so many good friends out there- the zoo looks like it was a blast. My boys also both loved my hair, Carter actually still likes to play with it.

Thiago & Teri said...

He looks so handsome and so grown up in those pictures. Before you know it he will be one, where does the time go? I think all kids must hate vaccums, carson was the exact same way!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you are doing something fun. At least you got to go out the other day. Miss you and can't wait to see more pics of Barrick.

Tiff and Chris said...

What a cutie! I love the little outfit...such a little man. How fun to be able to go to the zoo with such a large group of friends too.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

What a big boy! He is such a cute happy little guy. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Barrick took a bottle!
why all the sudden do they do that?
love the pictures, very cute!

Ariane and Wyatt said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I loved all of the things Barrick likes and doesn't like. Very cute!