Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two Months!

Well today Barrick is now two months old and WOW how time flies!! It makes me sad to think how fast these two months have gone and I know it will just keep going faster.
Well Friday morning was his two month appt. and I was terrified I was so nervous for him to get his immunizations. Thankfully Scotty was able to come so he could be in there with Barrick. Well all I have to say is we have a tough little guy, when they did the shots at first it took him off guard and he just grunted, then after they were all finished he cried for about a minute then was done. So it definitely made me feel better. He was also weighed and measured and he has grown so much! When we brought him home from the hospital he weighed 4 lbs. 12 ounces and now he weighs 10 lbs 9 ounces! He went from not even on the charts for his weight to 25th percentile, and he stayed the same in height which is also 25th percentile. So we have a healthy little guy.


Just an example of how much he has grown, the preemie outfit on the right was too big for him when we brought him home and now he wears the one on the left! Crazy!
We also took some pictures of his little legs with his band aids. After we went home he had a rough day (when he was awake he couldn't stop crying, and when he slept he whimpered). He still wanted to be happy, so he was sort of half cry-smiling all day. Oh so sad!!!
Barrick finally felt better that night so we got these pictures right before he went to bed. He was definitely a trooper!

9 comments:

karin said...

WOW! He has grown so much! I always feel so bad when babies get shots, they have no idea it is coming and they give you a look of "what are you doing to me!?" I am glad Scotty was there to support you- and Barrick- today.

Anonymous said...

Barrick has grown so much! I hate the shots to, that's why you always make your husband take them I seriously just couldn't do it. Keep up all the cute pictures your taking of Barrick, I always wish I had more of my kids, even down to the little bandaids on their legs (like Barrick's) You really can never have to many pictures!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

I hate the shot days...they are never fun for any of you! I can't believe how much he has grown. Keep posting :)

Love ya ~ Heather

shauni said...

Oh, how sad! I hated shot days, but somehow I have always been the one to take them. Barrick has grown a ton! I can't believe that little preemie outfit was too big for him when he came home from the hospital. I am so sad that I haven't been able to see him yet :( Hopefully this Summer!

Unknown said...

WHAT are you feeding that kid? ;)
Someone probably already told you and you did this, but a dose of infant tylenol about half hour before the shots make the whole day better.

Laurin West said...

Wow! It has gone by so fast. He is getting so big. He looks like he has changed so much. I love his little smile.

Leslee and Kody said...

ohhh :( I hate when they have to get shots.. we always make that an ice cream day!!He is getting so big I cant believe it! Its cute that he has the same outfit only bigger! that must be from a baby shower!! Love you guys Love seeing pictures. Miss you guys I tell you try to bribe mom and dad on stopping by texas on the way and picking me up for the blessing!! :) Always LOVES XOXO

lulu said...

those shots are a dooser! I remember being a bit anxious, wondering how Louis would handle it. Just like Barrick, they suprise you! What a brave little guy.

An amazingly handsome couple with their even more beautiful children, if possible, and their daily adventures. said...

I miss Barrick. Give him a big kiss and hug for me. I had a great time out there with all of you. It was so much fun. We love you!