Yes I know it is a few months late but here it is. Barrick's birthday party was limited to one day in December. The only Saturday Scotty had off work, and the only day it didn't interfere with ten other parties. In planning it I knew it was a week after my surgery so I prepped and got everything done well in advance so I didn't have to worry about it. Good thing I did because it was the same week I had all the complications from my surgery.
All though it was crazy and I was on narcotics, It worked out great! Yes the invitations didn't get out and our good friends who braved the crazy winter storm that day, and didn't stress when they got a frantic texted picture of Barricks invitation showed up and made the day a hit. Don't feel bad if you were invited, technically nobody was.
We had a polar express themed party with tickets that got a whole punch with each activity we did. We started out with decorating cupcakes, breakfast and a hot chocolate bar.
Lilly loved the cupcakes.
Briony was just happy to be included with all the big kids.
We then went to pin the carrot on the snowman.
We also did a Santa pinata. Yes it was probably the ugliest Santa. It was originally a black bearded pirate that we used last year for birthdays and tried to make look like Santa. Pinatas are expensive, and I did not want to buy another one.
We did some snowball games and had a snowball fight. Sorry to our pal Ike for the closed eyed picture, this was the only picture we got of Liam.
Of course getting ready for presents. He got some many great gifts! Thank you so much to all of our friends!!
And of course the cake. Barrick informed me that it didn't have a star. I tried to make one out of fruit roll ups, but if you know me well you know I am not that creative:)
We are so lucky to have our little Barrick boy in our family. Happy sixth birthday buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment