Well now a month later I am finally posting about Brionys birth. Surprisingly this was the most uneventful delivery I have had and it was wonderful!! There was no surprises with health problems bed rest, or my water breaking. I had my csection scheduled 3 weeks in advance and everything went according to plan. The only kink in the plan would have to be that Liam was admitted to the hospital and was discharged less then 24 hours before I was supposed to be admitted for my csection. This time was the sickest he has ever been, and to top it off it was Mothers day. I just hated being alone all day. All though our friends took mercy on me and invited me over to dinner and watched Lilly and Barrick so I could go see Scotty and Liam at the hospital. Was it stressful yes but everything worked out!
Poor Liam on his oxygen after being admitted.
Now onto the best part of this post. My sweet little Briony. Yes like many I know you are thinking how do you say her name? There are 2 classic ways to pronounce her name and we love Bree-uh-nee. People asked if we made it up and the answer is no, it is a name you will find in any baby name book just not a common one. The story behind it is the same as Barricks. Scotty loves a book written by Tad Williams and the two main characters in the book are twins named Barrick and Briony. We joked before we had kids that if we ever had twins we would name them that. When she was born we actually had her name narrowed down to Brielle or Sydney, and when she came out they didn't fit and individually we both brought Briony up and it just felt right.
We were in the hospital by 6 am getting prepped for surgery. Everything went by the book, she did have the cord wrapped around her neck twice but that was the only abnormal thing. She came out screaming so loud!! She was not happy and I think she got all her screaming out the first 30 minutes of life because she rarely cries ever since. She was 8 lbs 8 ounces and 20 inches long and so beautiful!!
Here are two of Scotty's friends he works with checking out our sweet baby girl. She got two tens on her apgar score yes Scotty may or may not have persuaded them claiming that our little one is perfect and she deserves a perfect score. (She really was perfectly pink and screaming)
The most surprising thing was the size of her umbilical cord. Huge right? I LOVE this picture because like I said she has not cried this hard since this moment. So this is a face I have never seen she seriously is the BEST baby ever!!
This is when I saw her for the first time. I couldn't believe how big she was!!! When you compare her to my others she is HUGE!! She was almost double the size of Lilly, and more then 2 lbs bigger then Liam who was the biggest out of the other three.
Me and Briony when I got to hold her for the first time.
The best part is when these little ones met Briony. They adored her and just kept giving her loves and kisses. Lilly and Liam were a little nervous with me hooked up to cords and in bed, but Barrick ran right into me and the first thing he said was 'WOW mommy your tummy is really small" Yes that made me happy.
Briony is such a joy in our lives we love her so much and can't imagine life without her sweet little spirit in our home. We feel so blessed to have this little miracle and feel honored that she came to our family.
5 comments:
She's so beautiful! Congratulations to your little family. Hope you are doing well!
She is so very precious. Congratulations, and I love her name. Such a beautiful family you have!
Aleese, Omg! You are like super woman and have done it all! She is absoltuely adorable. That is awesome!!
Look at her little dimple!!! I love it. She is so sweet Aleese and I am so happy for you. I feel like such a loser for not calling you. I suck at keeping in touch. As you well know. I will call soon, I promise. I want to hear all about your new adventures with 4 kids ;) Love you so much!
So sweet! Congratulations! And that dimple is precious!!!
Post a Comment