Well another month and more time away from home. In September Scotty had his last interview rotation in San Antonio so it is a huge relief to finally be done! For those of you who don't know Scotty is going into Pediatrics and wants to specialize in Gastroenterology. He still has his residency to decide if that is what he wants to specialize in but for now that is the plan. We are excited and anticipating graduation but sad we are moving away from what we have made our home.
In San Antonio we were lucky enough to stay with my brother and his family and we had so much fun!
In San Antonio we were lucky enough to stay with my brother and his family and we had so much fun!
I took this picture before we left to celebrate the fact that all three of my kids are finally in the same diaper size. For a while I was having to buy 3 different diaper sizes you can only imagine the looks I would get at the grocery store, especially living on the east coast. Of course Barrick is now potty training so to be down to two kids in diapers will be awesome!!
Of course when we got there we were welcomed with a nummy dinner helping hands, and a big portion of there house just for us! It was so nice to have my sister in law Andrea there to talk to during the day; with 3 kids being so little I don't get out much by myself so to have some adult interaction was so good for me! I needed this month to gain some sanity back!
The take out runs, date nights, tv nights, late night snacks, talks until way too late, and most of all those 4 kids of yours made our stay absolutely perfect!! We love you guys so much!! Thank you for putting up with our crazy family and for being such great examples to us!! We miss and love you guys so much!
While we were there it was our 7 year anniversary and Austin and Andrea watched the kids so we could go out. Scotty planned the date and we went to the Tower of the Americas which you can see in the 2nd picture and went to dinner at the Chart House. It was so good and the restaurant was amazing. The restaurant is at the top of the tower and the outside wall is a huge window and the restaurant rotates completely around in 1 hour. It was beautiful to eat looking out over the city and to have a changing view!
Hyrum we are so proud of you for the decision you made to be baptized we love you and thank you for sharing such a special day with us!
Of course between all of these big events we had a lot of fun outings, and just a lot of fun goofing around.
We also went down to the river walk and ate a this fun Mexican restaurant right on the river. Lilly was at the end of the table and got about every person who walked by to stop and talk to her. She is such a social, loud happy little thing!
While there we also went to the Alamo, which was cool to see, but I think the snow cones were a bigger hit for the kids.
Last, we had a fun day at the park. Here is Lulu and Barrick; these two little ones were quit the pair, they loved each other but also loved to bug each other. It was pretty funny to see.
We had such an amazing month! Thank you so much again for everything we love you guys!!
3 comments:
Aleese it looks like an amazing month and you are so blessed to be able to stay with family but at the same time I know how hard it can be to have little kids and not be in your own home. You guys are an amazing family and will be rewarded for all of the sacrifices you have made over these years in school, it will all be worth it in the end. Truly I think you are such a wonderful family.
You are so busy! but it looks like you had fun I love San Antonio! and I didn't know that was what Scott was going to Med school for! I think that is great!
and those babies are getting big! good luck with the Potty Training!
What fun! Such cute cute kids in both families! Don't worry, Braxton (my one and only nephew) LOVES Todd, and gets upset with me if I don't bring Todd home when I come... "laina where Todd?" Little stinker
Post a Comment