Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goodbyes are no fun!

Well May finally rolled around which at USU means another graduating class at Scottys medical school and this year meant us losing our neighbors! The Swensons have been our neighbors for two years and wow was it sad to see them go. There is nothing like having your friends be your neighbors, which made for a lot of fun nights. Oh how I will miss wii nights, game nights, dinners with each other, holidays, swapping the monitors so we could each have a night out. But more then anything I will miss just getting together and talking. You get the four of us together and we could talk all night long. But the thing that made it so sad was how much Barrick loved them! If he heard the kids outside he would scream with excitement. One of his few words is Jack, he just LOVES these kids. Every time he goes outside he would b-line it to there door and start knocking. Thanks so much for being such great friends and neighbors we are so lucky to have you as friends!
This was there last night in Maryland. We were lucky enough to have them over for dinner and let the kids play one last time. Here is Jack, Charlotte, Barrick, and Matt.


Here is Liz and Barrick!

Not such a cute picture of me but one of the few we have with them.
This was a couple of days before graduation and we were watching the kids. They were watching a movie and as you can see Barrick felt like Jack wasn't paying enough attention to him. Anna there baby girl isn't in any of the pictures she was just laying on the floor being her happy little self.

Last just a cute video of how much poor Jack was putting up with Barrick always wanting his attention. Thanks again Swensons we will miss you!

9 comments:

Bentleys said...

It is such a blessing to have not only great neighbors but great friends! Barrick looks so big! Hopefully you get some great new neighbors!

Rob and Bri said...

It's always a hard thing when you move away or friends close to you move. I know from experience. ;) I don't know if you'll be able to find another neighbor who will put up with Barrick pulling his hair like that. That video is too funny. I love it.

karin said...

Having great neighbors is great but having friends that are great neighbors is the best! Hopefully you will be able to stay in contact with them and that your new neighbors are at least okay.

Love the photos of Barrick trying to get Jack's attention.

Leslee and Kody said...

Bahahaha! I love that video! He is so cute and getting so big, I love your recording skills scotty I think looking back at our old home videos you get it from dad! :) Love you guys

Leslee and Kody said...

Bahahaha! I love that video! He is so cute and getting so big, I love your recording skills scotty I think looking back at our old home videos you get it from dad! :) Love you guys

Tiff and Chris said...

Strange you haven't been able to read my blog. I think that the formatting on it went crazy b/c I had to redo it a little. Anywho, that's always touogh to see people go that you get along with so well. Let's hope you get some new awesome neighbors!

Johnstun Fam said...

hey guess what we are coming to DC over the 4th of july, any suggestions on things to do? We are going with Josh's famiy. Not sure on the agenda yet but maybe we could meet up. :)

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Aleese, I miss them, too! I love that Jack isn't even phased by anything Barrick was doing to him! If we don't see you before you leave, have a great time with Scotty on the rotations! We will miss you!

Teacher Eli said...

I was looking at your blog and Jack came up and hollered: It's Barrick! It's Scott! It's Aleese! He also enjoyed the video, but even rewatching it, the most interesting part for him was trying to listen to the Bee Movie in the background. Completely unphased. :) We miss you and can't wait to see you here!