Thursday, July 16, 2009

Catch up part one....

Well life has been a little crazy and very busy as of late for us. I have gotten very behind on updates and have been told my many family members that they are sick of not seeing updated posts. So I am doing this in two parts. Well to start Scotty finished his second year of medical school and we are now in Hawaii. Right before the end of the year we were lucky enough to have Spencer and Britany our friends from Colorado come and visit us. We had so much fun playing games, going out to dinner and visiting downtown. Barrick loved having them there and we miss having them close by.



Here is a picture of the four of us before they had to leave.

Barrick with Spencer and Britany. I know he looks like he could be there son with all that blonde hair.
Here is Scotty, Barrick and Spencer downtown while we were seeing all the memorails.

Thanks so much for coming out and seeing us we had so much fun!!!

Then shortly after it was off to Hawaii. We left on the 23rd of June and we have had so much fun!! We were able to come out here with our friends the Bahrs and we have all had a blast! The first couple of days were a little hard with having to make a six hour time difference. Barrick of course had the hardest time it was pretty hard to wake up at four in the morning and be up for the day. He eventually got adjusted and it has been so much better!!
I have lost count of how many times we have been to the beach, almost everyday. Barrick LOVES the ocean he was very hesitant at first but now can't get enough of it. Scotty also got to go surfing which I must say he did a pretty good job. We have also gone to many great restraunts and many more things which I will document later.

Here are just a few pictures of some of the things we did the first few weeks.

Here is Scotty and Barrick running from the big wave, this particular beach was on the big island and it was beautiful!! We had such a fun day playing in the waves and swimming!

This lady was on the airplane with us and was so nice she thought Barrick was so cute and so she decided to buy Barrick his first lei.
We went into Kona on the big island and went to Bubba Gump Shrimp (picture below) which was so good and so fun to sit right out on the ocean, and also walked up and down the beach.
Then is was off to Oahu were Scotty had to start work. Which hasn't been that bad he is usually off around 4:30 and has weekends off, so it has been wonderful. So during the day my friend Lauren and I play while the boys are at work.
Here is Barrick at Ala Monona a beach which we love because the waves aren't so big and it is so good for kids.Then of course we celebrated the fourth of July and it was a pretty low key day. We just stayed in all day we headed to Pearl Harbor in our matching fourth of July clothes.

Last here is the whole group watching the fireworks at Pearl Harbor. It was so neat to be there with all of the history surrounding us. It was definatly a night that reminded me of the amazing country we live in and the sacrifices that people make everyday for our country.

We are having such a great time and feel so blessed to have the oppurtunity to be able to be here. The second update will come soon.

19 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh wow! It's so beautiful and I am totally jealous! Its a good thing you have Brady and Lauren there to keep you company-but tell Lauren she is getting in the way of "our friendship" :) We miss you-but all is well on the home front. Call if you need anything and have tonz of fun!!

lulu said...

It's good to hear from you again! Hawaii sounds amazing.

Tiff and Chris said...

Wow, such a peaceful, gorgeous place! How fun to spend so much time at the beach-love it!

Thiago & Teri said...

Glad you guys are doing good. Can't believe how big Barrick is looking, he is just so cute. Hawaii must be unbelievable, hope you are living it up!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Not the whole adjusting-to-the-time-change, but Hawaii is beautiful!!! We are definitely jealous! The mid-west is definitely beach-less! Hope you guys have an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Diana said...

I miss you so much! But I am glad you guys are having so much fun. Lucy said to tell Barrick she needs a sea shell from Hawaii :) And tell Lauren she is a liar. She looks very cute in the 4th of July picture. Not humongous like she told me she was :) Take Care Aleese. I miss you lots and I really miss our long walks and talks. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Nick and Kandi said...

Good to hear from you! I love Hawaii. We're so jealous. Y'all look great!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh gosh look at that water it is gorgeous, you lucky girl! Glad to see all is going well for you!

hoLLY said...

can I just say how jealous I am!!!! i was wnodering how things have been for you guys! barrick is a doll!

Melissa said...

No fair that you get to have so much fun in Hawaii!! JK I am so happy that you get to have such a once in a lifetime opportunity! It looks like paradise...oh wait it is! Anyways hope to see you soon in Vegas and we will have lots of fun!

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

It is so great to see what you all are up to! Sounds like you picked the perfect rotation to do in Hawaii if Sotty is home by 4:30! I bet you are making so many great memories. Thanks for sharing those amazing pics! We miss you and Lauren so much here. Please tell Lauren I think she is a very cute pregnant lady!

Alaina Nelson said...

looks like you guys are having SO much fin! I'm glad you got to move out ther with some friends! Keep the updates coming!!!

Larry and Nanette Nelson said...

It is fun to see pictures of where you guys are. Have a good weekend.

Teacher Eli said...

And to think, we got to spend 6 weeks in....Dayton. Almost as fun, right? :) I'm glad you're having a good time--it'll be fun to see you when you're out here in the desert!

JonathanRex said...

That's awesome I' so happy for you guys! GET SCUBA CERTIFIED!

karin said...

I am jealous. I love Hawaii and how great is it that Scotty gets weekends off and can join the fun before 5pm.

chunkymonkey said...

If Tyler ever goes back to school, I hope it is in Hawaii. You sure make it look fun!

shauni said...

Your pictures are great! I want to be in Hawaii! I wish we could come and visit you. I'm so glad that Scotty has had some time off to spend with you and Barrick. I heard a rumor that you will be in Utah on the 7th (okay, I ran into Alex at Walmart!) I would love to see you before we head back to Iowa on the 15th. I'll give you a call and see if we can plan something.

Jamie said...

That is awesome to see fireworks at pearl harbor!! Hope you get feeling "better" soon!