Barrick can now officially go up and down the stairs. This has been a worry of mine for quite sometime, ever since he started climbing the stairs he has climbed up and over the baby gates. We have been working on going down the stairs for what seems like a long time. Over the past couple of days he has mastered it. Of course I don't let him go without me, but as you can see he is pretty excited about it and so am I!
By the way my baby is 13 months today!! CRAZY!
16 comments:
Stairs still scare me for my kids.
Some kids are just slender, my oldest is slender and my second is solid so it feels like he is heavier than the oldest. We did the no water for both and we did half and half instead of whole milk. They gained a little but really didn't change their slenderness.
You are so brave Aleese! But it's so much better to have him learn to go down than something scary!! He is such a cutie and I can't believe they said no water. Hello?? Both of his parents are skinny..it's in his genes! Poor Jonas :)
You're so good to get him on stairs so young. We don't have any stairs at our house, so Emma was 18 months or so before she learned. I had to teach her at friend's houses.
My Andrew is skinny too! They make me keep come in for weight checks in between appointments to make sure he's gaining. Barrick looks healthy, I think!
I can relate with the skinny kid thing. Rykker wasn't even 18 lbs at 1, and he is currently barely 21 pounds: in the 2 percentile! He's still in the 25th for height. He's just super busy, and burns off every calorie he inhales...plus some! As long as he's healthy, happy, and a good eater, kids are tough and they'll survive!!
Wow, Caelan weighs more than Barrick! That is crazy! We need to get our two guys together!
No water diet? What the heck is that all about? Has he tried french fries yet? Kids love fries. How was DC during the inauguration? I bet it was nuts. Did you name Barrick after the Pres? :)
What!?
No water! How lame is that!
Doe's it ever occur to Dr's it just might be the way he was born... Slender?
Ya know I love Dr's or soon to be (Scotty, Austin, Alex, luv ya guys)
But good greif!
Barrick is totally healthy and fine, a little cutie!
Oh he is just fine, Carson didn't weigh 20 pounds until he was almost 2. They made me feed him Carnation breakfast in the mornings for awhile cause they were concerned about his weight. You are right, some kids are just lean. Plus his mom and dad are both so thin, its in the little guys genes. Either way he is absolutely adorable!!
Yeah! It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about. Don't worry about Barrick, if the Doctor had ever seen his Dad he would know that it's just genetic. I hate to even bring it up, but ScottE was so skinny as a kid it earned him the nickname, "whimpy chicken" Love you Scott!
What a cute boy! It really is great when they master the stairs! But then it really makes you realize how big they are getting! Oh well he looks so proud of himself!
That's a nice milestone to get past. He's just such a big boy! But little at the same time. You know what I mean. So when are you going to turn the car seat around? Or have you already?
Brooke doesn't even register on the charts for her weight. She is almost 4 and only weighs 31 pounds. She finally gained the last 3 pounds over Christmas. She had been only 28 pounds for the longest time. She can still wear 24 month clothes. But, my mother in law informs me all the time that Derek went to kindergarten in 3t clothes. I guess it's definetly the genes! You an Scott both look great!
what a cutie...he is getting so dang big. I can't believe Samson already passed his weight up...he's seriously a tank.
Aleese!! I looked at your blog already! haha. It was so fun meeting you and your family last night! Barrick is adorable!! I had to show my mom his amazing eyes on your blog. I wish I was staying longer I would have loved to hangout or have your cute family to my parents house for dinner. We'll have to keep in touch!
Aleese,
Barrick is just beautiful, and how time flys! It seems like just yesterday I was looking at his newborn pictures! I wanted to let you know that Nate and I are pregnant! Can you believe it! I can't! I think I have taken 3 preg tests since we found out! I wanted to thankyou for being such a help to me through that very sensitive and stressful time. You were more help than you know. I'll keep you posted, or just keep checking back on my blog...I'm sure I'll post the progress!
Way to go Barrick! As far as the skinny thing goes... he just takes after his parents. Don't dehydrate the kid for heaven's sake. And hey, thanks for being there for me...
Post a Comment