Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back to Utah and 4 months!

Well this last week I was able to go home to Utah because my sister Ashtyn is getting married and she wanted me there to help with wedding plans. So first of all congrats to Ashtyn and Morgan they are getting married this summer and I am so excited for them!

I arrived on Tuesday and first of all I was so nervous to fly with a baby I was stressing for weeks in advance but wow I was lucky! On both of my flights there and back I had a whole row to myself and Barrick was perfect! He basically slept the whole time. So thanks everyone for all of the advice on flying with a baby.

Once there we got right to work with wedding plans and it was so fun! Also I had lunch dates and family dinners all week and I got to show our sweet little Barrick off to the rest of our family in Utah. It was packed full, but a BLAST! Here are some pictures from the trip.His aunt Ashtyn and soon to be uncle Morgan, and Barrick. This is at Ogden High School, Ashtyn is the Drill Team coach there, and this was at their year end review.
Brianne and I spent the day together with our little ones. Anisten was home in bed.
Gma and Gpa Nelson with Barrick, thanks for flying me out I had so much fun! I love you guys!
Barrick with some of his cousins. He now only needs to meet his cousins in Iowa and his cousins in Texas. We can't wait!

Barrick with Gma Stewart and Kalii his cousin.
Barrick aunt Leslee and of course Kalii. She loved Barrick she wouldn't leave his side. (so cute)

Great Gma and Gpa Nelson.

Great Grandpa Florence and Pat.

We had so much fun thanks for the wonderful week!

Last, yesterday was Barricks 4 month mark. He went into the Dr. and had his 4 month appt. He is now about 14 lbs. which is the 25 percentile. He is now 50 percentile in his height. Of course he had shots and I hated it but he did a good job. This is right before he went to bed last night and we loved it so we thought we would put it on. Enjoy!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to be with you again Aleese, We sure had a great time even though all the kids were sick. (still hoping Barrick won't get sick) Your a great sister and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. Love you!!

Nick and Stacey said...

What cute pictures! I am excited for your sister! I am glad you got to fly out to help with wedding stuff! I bet its nice to be able to see your family besides for a holiday or something! What a relief to have the flight go so well!

Thiago & Teri said...

How fun for you to get to come home. I don't know how you guys do it, I just don't know if I could stand to be so far away. I admire you guys that are able to, how worth it it will be in the long run. Good boy, little Barrick for being so good on the flight. I have flown a few times with Carson to go see Jenny, and he usually does pretty well. That is such a cute picture of you and Brianne, how great that you guys are still so close. You both are so sweet!

Jen said...

What a fun trip! It's nice to go see family, isn't it?

You said Barrick has cousins in Iowa? Where at? My husband is from there, we've lived there, and want to move back some day.

Eric and Jenny said...

What a fun trip, I love going back for trips to see family. Especially when someone else pays. That is great Barrick was so good on the flights. I always stess about that with my kids. Lance once spent the entire flight screaming, such fun! Cute picture of you and Brianne, that is great you guys are still such good friends.

karin said...

I LOVED visiting home when we lived in Texas and the reunion between Bryan and the boys was similar to Scotty and Barrick's. Barrick's laugh is too cute.

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

I'm soo jealous that you got to go home. I don't get to go home until Christmas.. but we get to actually spend Christmas day there! Nathan flew home last weekend for his little brother's suprise 30th birthday party. But I had to work. Every time he called I wanted to be there so bad becuase he was having so much fun. Congrats to Ashtyn! And that video is ADORABLE!!

Melissa said...

I am so happy that you got to go home to see all your family and friends. I am sure they all were excited to see Barrick, I can't believe it's already been 4 months! He is a sweetie! I loved the video - we actually have a video of the 1st time Blaise laughed and whenever I am down - I just watch the video and can't help but cheer up! You will look back at that in a few years and cherish it even more! You have to come see me in Vegas when you go back to Utah for the summer!

Leslee and Kody said...

those are all so cute!!! you should send me some more pictures!! Im sure Kalii is in every single one of them from that day!! And I love the video, hes always so happy~~!!!

Bentleys said...

Im so glad you had fun! Barrick is growing so fast i swear every time you post he's grown a foot!

shauni said...

Great pictures! I'm so jealous that everyone got to see Barrick, he is such a cutie. I feel like I learned so much from this post, I didn't know you were going to Utah or that Ashtyn was getting married or that Ashtyn was a drill team coach at Ogden high. You would think I was on another planet not in another state!! I'm glad you guys had a good trip. We are so excited to see you this Summer.

lulu said...

I'm jealous of your visit to Utah. It sounds like your week was jammed packed. How is Barrick doing now that your back?

Tiff and Chris said...

Fun! Its so much fun to get to visit family and to have so much going on while your there. Your little guy is so adorable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Aleese, this is Mikell. How are you doing? Your little family is so adorable and Barrick is precious! His eyes are beautiful! I'm so glad I came across your blog, it is so fun to see what you are up to. Congrats on your little guy! Being a mom is the best job in the whole world!

Katz said...

It was so good to see you tonight. I'm gonna be blog stalker now. :)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

I am so sad that i missed you. I was just so busy finishing up school that there was no way I could make it down there. Seriously like every day was packed full. I'm sure you were even busier though, visiting with family and friends! We ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY have to get together when you come out this summer! love you guys ~ Heather

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

p.s. I love Barrick's cute laugh! Scotty is such a cute daddy...just how we always imagined!

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

I bet your family was so excited to have you and Barrick home. My mom said she saw you at church but didn't get a chance to talk to you! Babies grow too dang fast! Before you know it he will be crawling and then walking! Lindsey told me about your heart filled email, you are such a sweet heart!

Rob and Bri said...

Thanks so much for spending one of your precious days with me Aleese! It was so fun to see you, but made me even more sad that you are so far away. Barrick is such a sweet baby and you are such a good mom. I'll be counting down the days til you come this summer! Love you guys!

Diana said...

Aleese, he is so cute. I love the video. Laughing babies are the best. Lucy had her shots today. It was traumatic for us all. Poor Bella, I talked to her about it for days and it was still very hard for her to see her baby sister in so much pain. Lucy is a champion however, she got through it just fine. It must have something to do with those chubby legs of hers.

Tiff and Chris said...

I actually live in San Antonio. I live pretty close to the San Antonio Temple and I love it. It is so pretty here...sometimes its a little more humid than I like, but for the most part the weather it great. The medical programs down here is excellent! When would y'all possibly be coming to SA?

Heather said...

Isn't it great when your baby starts responding more to you! It makes babies so much more fun and rewarding. He's such a cutie! It feels like Jaron and Tayson both came OUT weighing 14 pounds!!! :)

Laurin West said...

Don't you just love going home. Any excuse is a good one. Your baby boy is so cute. I love his bright eyes. I honestly can't believe he is 4 months. It seems like just yesterday I saw you sitting in sacrament looking all uncomfortable. Can you believe you made it and now he is this big. It is goes by way too fast. It was so fun to see you the other night. I love girl-night-outs. We need more chocolate party so we will always have a reason to get together.