Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas and Bringing Baby Home

We finally came home from the hospital, and now Aleese is telling me I need to give better details of what happened. Barrick was born at 1:25 on DEC 23, 2007. He weighed in at a whopping 5 pounds and 3.8 ounces. After extensive workout he now is stable at 4 lbs. and 13 oz.

Born at NNMC (National Naval Medical Center) he was one of only seven babies born over the holiday. He came three weeks early when we found out Aleese was runnin on low fluids. They tried to induce her but after many many many hours decided it needed to be done by C-section.
C-sections are really cool. At least, to watch. Aleese will probably tell you it was not so cool. But then again, who is cooler?



This is our first family photo. Mark it well for this is the beginning of great things to come.....

Christmas morning. No we did not have a tree, but Santa placed presents in our Christmas shrine. Thanks Santa!


This was the best present of all!


Baby Barrick's first Christmas.


Barricks first attempt at acting. Science fiction is not for him. Ok, really he needed to be under the lights to fix his tan. Like the goggles?


Barrick with Grandma Nelson. Love the brow man!


The four of us hanging out at home. It was so nice to be home again.

Barrick and his Mommy look so cute together. I am jealous, let me in on the game.


Where did he get that hat? Looks familiar.....


Read the shirt, yeah thats right, just in time.

11 comments:

karin said...

He is ADORABLE! It would be interesting to see his parents' baby photos for comparison. Glad to see Momma and baby are getting the much needed rest. My second son came home and had to sleep in the "tanning bed" for a week.

An amazingly handsome couple with their even more beautiful children, if possible, and their daily adventures. said...

Barrick is so cute and so tiny. We are glad that you were able to bring him home with you. We did miss you at Christmas! Love, US

Unknown said...

Either your baby is tiny, or my baby is a fat old man. Barrick is beautiful!

Scott and Valeri said...

Beautiful family!!! Merry Christmas. So happy to see you all home and having a great time. Miss Ya and Love Ya
Mom and Dad Stewart

Diana said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for us both! Hahaha. Barrick is adorable and I'm glad you are doing so well Aleese. What an adorable family! We are excited for Lucy to meet Barrick, i'm sure they'll become fast friends. Take Care.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

He is so cute! I love that first family picture...he's so little! I'm glad all is going well. Love you guys!

shauni said...

Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe how tiny he is, especially in your family picture- you two look like giants. I am so happy that he is home from the hospital and everything is going well. We missed you guys at Christmas, we will have to make sure we come to Utah at the same time this Summer!

Sam and Fam said...

A Christmas shrine? What? What?

The Grant Fam said...

He is tiny, but so cute congrats guys. Our babies were 5lbs 2oz and 5lbs 11oz. But I don't remember them being that little. Just think of two of baby Barrick in your belly at the same time. Not fun!

I am Chree-uz. said...

Ya know, kids...I would've thought after all these years you would've named him after ME. Chris is a fine name for a strapping lad!

Congrats you guys! Glad to see you are doing so well, and I'll check out your blog now and again. You can check out mine too if you want, althought its probably mostly nerdy stuff.

Leslee and Kody said...

He is soooo cute I cant believe how cute he is...welll actually I can its in the family we have some dang good looking people in it!!! Told kalii this is her cousin and she wants to look at pics of her "brother" shes a bit confused!!! I cant wait to see you guys. You all look great and Im so glad that he is finally here! love you guys and miss you guys the most! :)