Sunday, December 23, 2007

Well, I hope most of you have heard the news, but for those who have not, on December 23 we had a special surprise. Barrick Scott Stewart was born!!


This was the first picture I got of him. He is only 14 min. old here!

Here is Aleese when we first started (the baby was due Jan 7th, but due to low fluid we found out we were going to have him early)


Here is Aleese after 38 hours of Labor


Here is Aleese after the C-section was finished (baby was not handling the long labor very well)


Aleese finally gets to hold her baby!

What do you think, any resemblance?

He kept wanting to lay like this. They say babies like to curl up, but he loves putting his legs up, this is not a stretch! He keeps it this way!


Look what Santa put in our Christmas stocking!!


Here is another one of me and Barrick.......yeah, Aleese will have her hands full!


I know it looks like he is crying here, but really it is a yawn. Yeah, BIG mouth!!

So here is the whole family after the entire ordeal is over. We did it!! Also a few movies for your viewing pleasure.

14 comments:

Ryan Crossette said...

He's adorable! We just wanted to be the first to leave comments on little Barrick. The dude has hands for sure. Aleese - you look great! We Think he has Aleese eyes and nose but looks like Scotty. Congrats guys! He's a keeper. Thanks for the videos. Love the Crossette's.

shauni said...

He is so cute! He looks a lot like Scotty. I can't believe how long and skinny he is, and how big his hands are! Thanks for posting all the great pictures. I wish I could come and see you guys and hold your little buddy. I am currently devising an evil plan which entails me hitchhiking to Maryland without my husband finding out! I'll keep you posted if I think it will pan out. Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. What a perfect Christmas present.

karin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting and what a great Christmas present. He is really skinny and long- you forget how small they are when they are newborns.

How big is he?

Scott and Valeri said...

He is beautiful. We are so happy and proud of you two. Alese looks great. We can't believe she just went through 36 hours of labor. We can't wait to come see the three of you. Love You, Mom and Dad

BDCAFFEE said...

Way to go! You are so competitive that you had to beat us. I guess this will change game nights a little bit. Congrats on the tax break too, this is really a win/win for you guys!

Melissa said...

Hey I am so happy for you both! He is beautiful and you will love every minute of parenthood (well maybe not the 2 am feedings and diaper changes :)) Aleese you did such a great job and I am so happy that you finally got your baby boy. Love Melissa

An amazingly handsome couple with their even more beautiful children, if possible, and their daily adventures. said...

Paige wants to let you know that Barrick is the cutest baby she's ever seen and she wanted to watch the movies lots. He is so sweet and we LOVE him. thanks for all the pics and vids. You both did great through the delivery. Aleese, you're a trooper. We loved the part where you said you were tired. We're so excited to see you all!
love,
us

The Grant Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Grant Fam said...

Congrats guys,Barrick looks like a stud. I so happy for you both,having kids is the craziest, funnest thing ever. i hope that all is well. Your in our prayers, good luck, and hang in there Aleese, now you just have 2 kids to take care of!! Merry Christmas Colton, Jamie, and the kids.

Ann said...

Congratulations Scotty and Aleese! What a great Christmas present!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! And tiny! Congrats, you guys!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

CONGRATS! We haven't checked the blog lately from Christmas and all, but it was a pleasant surprise to see your new baby on your page! We are SO happy for you! Aleese...you're such a trooper! Hope all goes well from here on out. Love you guys!

Tammi Niederhauser said...

Definately worth the wait! He is simply beautiful. I am so happy for you and Scott. I'm sorry to hear you had to have a C-section...I can truly sympathize with you and the recovery length. It's not easy, but what a blessing it is to have this procedure to bring our little angels to us.

You are going to be amazing parents. Barrick is one lucky boy. It was fun to see your niece in our ward building on the 23rd. I have never seen her there before and I just happened to see her coming down the hall. I asked if it's been fun seeing photos of you being pregnant and she said, "She's not pregnant anymore, she just had the baby." What a proud moment she got to share with me. I was trilled to hear the news.

Best of luck with everything...love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aleese and Scotty!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. He is so dang CUTE! He the luckiest little boy to have you guys as parents!! And just so you know this is Becca Vaillancourt!!=) Love you guys!!