Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hospital visits!

 For the last couple of months Barrick has had some weird health issues so we have been to so many doctors appts, it was kind of crazy!!  Why Scotty was in Chicago we had scheduled an EEG for Barrick.  I like the way the neurologist explained prepping for the test, in that his brain needs to be angry.  So in doing that I had to keep him up as late as possible and wake him up no later then 5 am.  So we stocked up on candy and played Skylanders until about 12 am.
 We took about 30 pictures similar to this one to send to Scotty.  We had a pretty fun night, the morning not so much, but still fun just to have some one on one time with my little guy!
 He was NOT happy about getting the EEG.  Nothing hurts it just terrified him to have all of the cords glued to his head.  It took a lot of convincing for him to do it.  But he finally relaxed and got hooked up.

 He got some prizes and I loved that it was just me and him!  The results thankfully came back normal!



A couple of weeks later, I went to give the kiddos a bath, and noticed one of Liams testicles was swollen.  Sorry if this is too much information.  When married to a doctor nothing is ever too personal or private.  It continued to get larger and was painful so to make sure their was still good blood flow we decided to take him in. 
 Here he is taking his wheel chair to ultrasound.  He thought the whole thing was pretty awesome.  Every other time he has been to the hospital it is quite traumatic with medications and breathing treatments and always resulting in being admitted to the hospital.  So for him to have a pretty low key hospital experience was pretty fun for him.  He kept telling me he was having so fun!





 Plus free toys!  It doesn't get much better then that!!  Thankfully the ultrasound showed good blood flow so we didn't have to worry!! 

1 comment:

karin said...

Your kids are ADORABLE! And I had an EEG when I was a teenager and I wasn't very thrilled about it either.