I don't know about many of you but as soon as you get married, or
move away from home you always have the fear of the phone call in the
middle of the night, or hearing a sad voice of a family member on the
other end. Well that phone call came for us. Words really can't
describe how you feel especially when it is unexpected. November 8th
was a very sad day. We received a phone call about 6:30 pm that Scottys
dad had passed away. We called family members to tell them the news,
packed, got about an hour of sleep, and had the kids up by 5 am the next
morning ready to board a plane. The following week in Utah was hard.
We had to do and experience things that at 29 you shouldn't have to do.
We are heart broken and sad and to put in simply, we miss him. The
funeral services were beautiful and such an amazing tribute to and
amazing man. The funny thing with grieving is that it is for us. We
know where Scott is and that we will see him again and I feel so blessed
to have that knowledge because if we didn't there is no way we could
face something like this. We feel so blessed to have such amazing
friends and family who have shown us so much love and support over the
weeks. We have been the recipients of so much service we wanted to
thank all of you again! We are so blessed that Scott was and will
always be apart of our lives. He has been apart of my life since I was
16 and I feel so lucky that he was my second dad. We are so grateful
that we will be together as a family forever.
Scott Edward Stewart Sr. Obituary: View Scott Stewart's Obituary by Deseret News
Just a few memories over the years.
8 comments:
So very sorry to hear such sad news....
Hope you are both finding peace right now, what a hard thing. Lots of love!
This is a wonderful post. It was nice to see so many family members but the reason was so hard.
Oh, you sang beautifully.
Always, always, always thinking of you guys...Love you.
Aleeese, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My heart aches for you. I remember this same thing all too well earlier this year. It is such a hard thing to go through when someone you love passes on especially when it happens unexpectedly and at such a young age. The knowledge of the gospel is such a wonderful thing. I'll be praying for your family. Love you!
I'm months and months behind in blog-reading, and I was so bummed to have missed the funeral. This is nice and touching to read, and those pictures are great! You've convinced me! I'll take more pictures!
What a blessing pictures are. The funeral was very nice! Sure love you!
I am sorry for your loss. Was it unexpected? Trent lost his mom oct 15th very unexpectedly. Hope you guys can find peace. A book I read helped us a lot, "The message" hopefully if you can find it, it can give you guys some comfort.
Post a Comment