Lately at our house all we hear about is letters, letters letters. My sweet little Barrick boy is in love with them and the reason for this sudden love is Word World. About a month ago I had never heard of this show and now like many others I know all of the characters all of the songs and Barrick couldn't be happier with this show.
Our day always starts out with a tv show in the morning because all of my kids wake up in a cloudy haze just like their daddy, if forced to eat, play, or do anything other then sit on the couch and watch a show they are NOT happy. Lately Barrick comes down and says "I want netfik, (netflix) and Word World, the one with the pig" So precise right? Here began this obsession with letters.
Whenever he is mad at me he will tell me "Mom I am gettin da keys and drivin to world world where their are real letters!!!" On the show they take letters and build them into objects and Barrick is convinced that I can do that. Their were days and days where he cried because I couldn't build an object that he wanted out of letters. I would explain and explain that it is just pretend and then one day he came running into my room said "I got it mommy you just need to use magic to build my letters" Of course another long talk on how the show is pretend, and yet he is still not convinced. His latest reasoning is that I bought him the wrong letters and tells me "Mom I need some money so I can go to the store and buy REAL letters"
Don't get me wrong I LOVE that he loves letters his favorite game on his leapster is the letter game where they trace all of the letters in the alphabet and he has mastered every letter. He is such a smart boy and finds letters in places that I don't even notice. For example....
Our day always starts out with a tv show in the morning because all of my kids wake up in a cloudy haze just like their daddy, if forced to eat, play, or do anything other then sit on the couch and watch a show they are NOT happy. Lately Barrick comes down and says "I want netfik, (netflix) and Word World, the one with the pig" So precise right? Here began this obsession with letters.
Whenever he is mad at me he will tell me "Mom I am gettin da keys and drivin to world world where their are real letters!!!" On the show they take letters and build them into objects and Barrick is convinced that I can do that. Their were days and days where he cried because I couldn't build an object that he wanted out of letters. I would explain and explain that it is just pretend and then one day he came running into my room said "I got it mommy you just need to use magic to build my letters" Of course another long talk on how the show is pretend, and yet he is still not convinced. His latest reasoning is that I bought him the wrong letters and tells me "Mom I need some money so I can go to the store and buy REAL letters"
Don't get me wrong I LOVE that he loves letters his favorite game on his leapster is the letter game where they trace all of the letters in the alphabet and he has mastered every letter. He is such a smart boy and finds letters in places that I don't even notice. For example....
If I were to pick a favorite letter it would for sure be an X He finds them everywhere! Even his favorite part of the alphabet is the second half of the alphabet, yes I know what 3 year old chooses his favorite parts and only likes to sing those certain parts? Barrick is that kid he has a mind and an opinion all of his own. Here are just a few places that he has found X's that last couple of days. The bakers rack is his favorite because it has big and little ones.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! He is such a smartie. That's awesome, I love all of the x's everywhere, now I'm going to start noticing letters all over the place. Lucy is no where close to knowing her letters, he really is amazing.
Oh, I love that boy. I can just hear his frustration and his little voice. Miss you all!
My girls love that show too. That is so funny that he takes it so literal and thinks its real! So cute. That's good that it's making him look everywhere for letters though. Gotta love PBS.
Post a Comment