Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun little boy!!

Did I mention that Barrick is skinny?
Well you see this cute little boy and what looks like shorts on his skinny little self?

Well they just so happen to be what this cute little baby is wearing. Yes as Barrick would say. "Iyant to weer Liam pant." So there you go. My two boys that are two years apart fit in the same pants. They actually fit looser around Barrick's waist.

Also if you didn't know he is a little ocd, and a huge perfectionist. Here are just a few of his examples as of late.


I think Barrick had more fun organizing the Easter eggs then hunting for them, he still asks to play with them.

This is what I see on a typical day when I get Barrick out of his room after his nap. Yes he most definitely gets this from me. What can I say he loves a clean house.


Just the other day Scotty came home and left his jacket and bag on the floor and not two seconds later Barrick said. "Daddy it go up-sairs" and continued to sing "Clean up".

He also hates tags or logos of any kind on our shirts he says "that cucky"

He will pick the tiniest thing off the floor and throw it away.

He loves to sweep he wants to do it everyday!

He knows how to start the dishwasher, the dryer and the washer.

He will get wipes and wipe up any little thing.

He loves to put dirty dishes in the sink.

If you have never seen Barrick play basketball or any sport for that matter it is quite amazing! He can shoot and make a basket from across his room on about a 5 foot hoop, and he has been doing it since before he turned two. He has a lot of natural talent, but he works so hard at it!! This goes back to the perfectionist thing. When he first got his hoop if he didn't make it the first time he would just cry and cry so I of course told him that he needs to practice and he will get better, and practice he does. He shoots baskets for atleast an hour everyday. He is this way with anything he wants to accomplish!

He is a monkey he can climb anything, he could climb over the baby gate before he could walk!! He now can climb our bathroom cabinet which goes all the way to the ceiling. He can climb on top of the counters in the kitchen, he can get in the cribs and on top of the changing table. He is so smart!!

So in so many words I can't get enough of this crazy, fun, social, loving, feisty, sweet little boy of mine!! I am so lucky!

8 comments:

Jen said...

The picture of him wearing Liam's pants made me laugh so hard! My girls are the same way. Sarah was always trying to wear Emma's baby pants. She just thought they were capri's (or "capri sun's" as she called them).

Your kids are adorable!

Eric and Jenny said...

Love the picture of him in Liam's pants, that is so funny. How crazy to have two such opposite boys. I love that he tells Scott to pick up his stuff, Lance does that to Eric as well, every time I hear him say "daddy go find that a home", I have to laugh and think maybe I say that too often!

Nick and Stacey said...

Too funny! Isnt it hilarious the stuff they pick up from us, without us even realizing it! He is too cute, how funny that he can fit into Liams pants. Mitchell could fit into a pair of his 12 month pants up until he was 2...he is finally starting to fit into his regular size! Seriously what a cute little boy!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my heck...that is actually pretty funny. My boys are just like that too...especially Carson. I swear he was like 2 and a half and was still wearing 6-12 months shorts. So funny, even funnier that Liam is such a chunk. Sure is a cute little chunk though, you must be kissing those cheeks all the time.

Rory & Lori said...

This post reminded me so much of my boys! When I was pregnant with Eli, I bought him some little pants and hung them in Kaemon's closet. Rory was getting Kaemon dressed one day and put he newborn pants on Kaemon and they fit him! I think those pants look pretty stylish on Barrick! Kaemon used to line all his cars and toys up just like the pictures of Barrick's toys. So funny! I think it's funny that Barrick likes cleanliness so much, my boys just go around making extreme messes. If you're lucky he'll stay that way! Anyway, your kids are so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck Aleese, I think Barrick is a little Larry Nelson Jr! Cleaning and organizing at 2, I don't doubt dad wasn't the same way!
Kendrick would wear Karder's tiny baby pants as well, It seriously made me laugh my head off! It doesn't surprise me for one second Barrick can fit in Liam's pants, the boy is tiny!
Thanks for the post, Love you!!

Rob and Bri said...

Oh he is such a cute little guy. It makes me sad I don't get to see him ever. He's the perfect big brother and sounds like he'll be a lot of help around the house. Your babies are so adorable too! I want to see them so bad. I want to see your whole family. Love you guys.

Melissa said...

I can't believe how little Barrick is sometimes! Blaise was that size when he was like 3 months old. What a stud - I bet he will be multi-talented like his mother (sorry scotty) I would love to get together when you are here in July! I hope the babies don't get too big before then. Wow are we really getting this old?