How many people can say they have pictures of their kids when they were an embryo? Well we can!! Seriously this was the BEST month we had last year. After trying to get pregnant for about four years, April 24th of last year was that day.
I just wanted to post and tell everyone how we have been so blessed! I have never been happier then being a mom and wife. I have the most amazing husband who has always made me so happy, he has been the biggest strength to me over the years and I thank my Heavenly Father for him everyday. Also the blessing of being a mom is the most fulfilling thing ever. It was a long road to get our little guy here and we finally have him! We are sent trials that help us grow and this was a big one for us. We had to go through many things to get him and through an amazing program we were able to have him.
Scotty and I had been trying for about a year when we went into the doctor, of course we were normal married students who made enough money to pay for school without going in debt but not enough to pay for infertility treatments. We finally decided we needed better insurance so Scotty got a full time grave yard job at Primary Children's Hospital working in the pharmacy, so we could afford treatments. Not to mention he was going to school full time and preparing to go to medical school which is not an easy task. (He is the BEST I know) After two more years and 10,000 worth of treatments out of our pocket we had nothing left. Then when we were pretty much out of options my sister called me and told me she had talked to a friend about this program, where they pay for most of IVF. (in vitro fertilization). Of course I thought there was no way this was true IVF is very expensive but I called on it and we started to process of qualifying for it. It is called the Miracle fund through the U of U where anonymous donors donate to the program for people just like us. Well after a lengthy process we qualified and we started the process. Even after that is was a bumpy road for us. Scotty and I seem to be the one percent chance in everything. If it could go wrong it did. But sure enough on the 24th of April I got pregnant and found out two weeks later. I just wanted to share a little bit about our experience and just thank all of my family and friends who went through this with us we couldn't have done it without you. Most importantly I want to thank our Heavenly Father, blessings come when you least expect them, and we had many over the years through this process and I thank him everyday.
Scotty and I had been trying for about a year when we went into the doctor, of course we were normal married students who made enough money to pay for school without going in debt but not enough to pay for infertility treatments. We finally decided we needed better insurance so Scotty got a full time grave yard job at Primary Children's Hospital working in the pharmacy, so we could afford treatments. Not to mention he was going to school full time and preparing to go to medical school which is not an easy task. (He is the BEST I know) After two more years and 10,000 worth of treatments out of our pocket we had nothing left. Then when we were pretty much out of options my sister called me and told me she had talked to a friend about this program, where they pay for most of IVF. (in vitro fertilization). Of course I thought there was no way this was true IVF is very expensive but I called on it and we started to process of qualifying for it. It is called the Miracle fund through the U of U where anonymous donors donate to the program for people just like us. Well after a lengthy process we qualified and we started the process. Even after that is was a bumpy road for us. Scotty and I seem to be the one percent chance in everything. If it could go wrong it did. But sure enough on the 24th of April I got pregnant and found out two weeks later. I just wanted to share a little bit about our experience and just thank all of my family and friends who went through this with us we couldn't have done it without you. Most importantly I want to thank our Heavenly Father, blessings come when you least expect them, and we had many over the years through this process and I thank him everyday.
Here is our little Barrick now. I love him! (he loves to suck on his clothes)
17 comments:
Oh that is just so sweet. Barrick is such a little miracle. I am so glad you posted that. All babies are special but there is something extra special about ones that you had to fight for to get here. He was so blessed to get you guys as parents you can just tell how much you love him.
I love how we are never given trials that we can't handle. Can you imagine if you hadn't been married to someone so great? I think the choices we make help in how we look at our trails too.
He is so cute- he looks fabulous in red.
I had no idea you had such a hard time! You two are always so positive. We had a couple tries before we got our Brecklynn and I think it makes me appreciate her that much more. Babies truly are miracles and blessings. Looks like you already know that! He is beautiful and hopefully worth all the effort!
Aleese, it has been so good "catching" up with you! I am so glad you posted this! I had a miscarriage before getting pregnant with each of my girls. I can only imagine how hard going through IVF must have been. But, now you have such an amazing story and pictures to share with Barrick. I have added you to my Northridge buddies link list, and I will check back often to see how things are going. See ya!
Aleese-I am so glad I was able to be a part of this whole process. You and Scotty have really been an example to me and I know that no matter what the out come would of been you still would of been the same strong amazing people you are today. Thanks for your example! I love you both and I could just eat cute little Barrick up! (and he does look truly fabulous in red)
That is so very sweet. I am so happy for you guys, what a great ending after all that time.
Wow... you and Scott are just amazing. I won't pretend that I could imagine how hard that trial would be. I'm so happy for you to get your little man here. He is soooo precious.
Its things like this that make you realize what a miracle it is that children are here at all! What a wonderful program, I am glad you were able to finally have a baby! What a wonderful blessing it is to be parents!
For a second I thought that was your way of saying you were pregnant again and I thought - wow that was fast! I am so happy Barrick is here and I think that he definitely waited a long time to get to be with such loving parents. We just watched Star Wars and we decided that Aleese you look like Natalie Portman...maybe you should try the cinnamon bun look :)
Aleese you have such a way with words! You are such a great mom and Barrick is so lucky to have parents like you and Scott. It's true that our toughest challenges become our greatest blessings!
P.S. I love Barrick's eyes!
Great post. I am glad you and Scott now have your precious little one in your life. It sounds like quite a journey to get him, but now isn't it so crazy how you can't imagine your life without him! He is very adorable.
I ran across your blog, You probably don't remember me, but I went to school with you. Congrats on your little bundle of joy! I need to tell my cousin about that program, they are going through the same thing you guys did and sounds like a wonderful thing! Thanks for posting that!!
He definitely is a miracle baby, I am so glad you guys have the chance to be happy parents after such a long process that we've watched you endure! You're the best. I just love how strong you guys have been through the entire process...you're amazing! We love you!
Hi Aleese and Scott, I know this may seem a little strange, but this is Lindsey Rizley (Bilanzich) Amber told me about your blogspot and I couldn't help but write about your amazing and touching story with Barrick. It almost strangely seemed like and answer to my prayers when I read your "The BEST month ever" entry. My husband Nate and I have had many infertility problems, and now are current 'applicants' for the Miracle Fund. I would love to ask you some questions..if you felt comfortable. Maybe we could exchange e-mail addresses. Just let me know my blog is therizzfam.blogspot.com Thanks, and you have such a beautiful family!
Geez, it makes me emotional every time I read about your story. It's such an amazing one, you guys are such great examples. Little Barrick has such a cute little personality already, so happy. You can tell he was saved for a very special time and purpose. Ahh! I can't think about our special babies too much or I start crying ;) It'll be amazing to see what they overcome in their lifetimes, and what they become.
Hello! I was searching the miracle fund, and I stumbled onto your blog. I hope its okay if I leave a comment. I have an appt. tomorrow to be a new pt at the U of U, which i called and talked to someone about the miracle fund. I had to be a patient before she would really give me any more info. I am hoping we qualify. We have to do IVF, so I am hoping that helps our chances. I would love it if you could give me all the info you can on the process, all you had to do and how long it took. The girl who I need to talk to at their office is on vacation for a couple of weeks..unfortunately! Thanks for any advice or help in advance!
By the way- you guys look so familiar. My husband is from the Ogden area, and we have been living in Ogden since we have been married.
Post a Comment